GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Valet Key for 2014 GL450 Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GL450
Valet Key for 2014 GL450 Needed

My wife somehow lost her metal valet key. She still has the working Fob and I have my metal valet key. What is best way to get her key replaced?
Old 06-13-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911 now
Originally Posted by Silver0066
My wife somehow lost her metal valet key. She still has the working Fob and I have my metal valet key. What is best way to get her key replaced?

Hey there, they won't be able to just order a new valet key, it'll have to be an entire fob.

You or she will have to take your identifying documents (passport, license, etc) and the registration for the vehicle to your MB dealership. They'll then order a new fob from the VIN info on your car so the factory can generate a new laser cut valet key.

See: https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...y_brochure.pdf
Old 06-14-2018, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GL450
Originally Posted by Beachproducer
Hey there, they won't be able to just order a new valet key, it'll have to be an entire fob.

You or she will have to take your identifying documents (passport, license, etc) and the registration for the vehicle to your MB dealership. They'll then order a new fob from the VIN info on your car so the factory can generate a new laser cut valet key.

See: https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...y_brochure.pdf
I found a blank FOB with uncut Valet Key on Ebay for $23. Is there any place beside MB that I can get the key cut? I don't want to wait months for the factory to generate a new key nor do I want to pay seveal hundred dollars for a new FOB when all I need is the Valet Key. I have my Valet Key that can be used as a template.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911 now
Originally Posted by Silver0066
I found a blank FOB with uncut Valet Key on Ebay for $23. Is there any place beside MB that I can get the key cut? I don't want to wait months for the factory to generate a new key nor do I want to pay seveal hundred dollars for a new FOB when all I need is the Valet Key. I have my Valet Key that can be used as a template.

From what I've found, it looks like you can go that route by searching Google or Yahoo for a locksmith local to your area of SoCal that's set up to laser cut keys