GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Any independent MB shops near Franklin MA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Any independent MB shops near Franklin MA?

My wife purchased a 2016 GL450 last year and we have been maintaining it through a dealership in Natick MA (about 45 min away). While that dealership is fine, I have read about members on this forum taking their cars to independent shops that former MB mechanics run. I was wondering if anyone in MA might know of any Indy dealers near Franklin MA?

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-30-2018, 09:31 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
GL550
Ando_1 - I don’t live in MA but, I was in the same predicament. The way I found my Indy is thru Yelp and google maps. I specifically searched for MB shops and started ranking them based on user reviews and comments. I crossed reference between the two apps to ensure my choice was valid. I also checked with BBB to ensure nothing was out of place, if they had any formal complaints.

Hope it helps.
Best of luck!
Old 08-30-2018, 09:58 AM

GL450
Originally Posted by NaviTimer1
Ando_1 - I don’t live in MA but, I was in the same predicament. The way I found my Indy is thru Yelp and google maps. I specifically searched for MB shops and started ranking them based on user reviews and comments. I crossed reference between the two apps to ensure my choice was valid. I also checked with BBB to ensure nothing was out of place, if they had any formal complaints.

Hope it helps.
Best of luck!
Thanks NaviTimer1. I did search through Yelp and found one that seems promising; https://www.revolutionautomotiveservices.com/ I called them and spoke to the owner who seems pretty knowledgeable. Going to give them a try soon as I will need to have the spark plugs replaced soon.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
GL550
Glad to hear, they seem reputable since they only work on German cars or should I say German Car quirks. How many miles do you have on the GL? Also, what brand of spark plugs? I'm also looking to do the same.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:27 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by NaviTimer1
Glad to hear, they seem reputable since they only work on German cars or should I say German Car quirks. How many miles do you have on the GL? Also, what brand of spark plugs? I'm also looking to do the same.
There are just over 50,000 miles on it and MB recommends changing them at 60K. I think they are the original plugs since we bought the car used with 30K on it.