GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

LED eyebrow turn signal went out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 W204 C300. 2015 X166 GL550
Post LED eyebrow turn signal went out

Hello all, I have 2015 GL550. Recently (out of warranty at that point) had an issue with my passenger side LED parking lamp/turn signal not working properly, the way I noticed it was when parking lights were ON, the right side would start to flicker. Was annoying but I could live with it. Then it just failed to turn on one day and fault on the main display came on. Not having parking lamp is ugly but not having turn signal is straight up dangerous. Did some troubleshooting, fuses OK, wiring harness not pinched, etc, and decided to replace the LED voltage regulator. The part number I got was an exact match to the original unit, just newer production date, so not a revised unit. Also the dealership charges for core, so means they redo the units. Swap was very easy, 4x T20 screws and an easy push connector once the cover is off. Here is the rub, once the unit was replaced the fault on the main display went away, but the lamp wound't light up. Scheduled a diagnostic with local dealer, charged me for an hour of work to recode the thing. Sorry for the picture quality was in the evening.

What I don't like is the fact that the part number is same, meaning in the future it will potentially fail again

https://imgur.com/a/a9sF3TJ