GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Ceramic coating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC
Ceramic coating

HI just bought GLS and want to detail the car and possibly apply ceramic coating. Any one has experience with ceramic coating. Anyone knows shop in New Jersey ?
Old 08-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 - GL 550
Originally Posted by divptl
HI just bought GLS and want to detail the car and possibly apply ceramic coating. Any one has experience with ceramic coating. Anyone knows shop in New Jersey ?
Ceramic coating AKA Rich mans polish....Nothing but garbage I had applied Opti-Coat\Modesta all expensive polishes and paid $$$$ the scam starts with paint correction where the good detailer would throw a BS number of hours like 25-40 hours and then the Ceramic coating price which runs like $500 - $1500 so roughly you are looking for GLS around $3-4000 depending on the detailer it could be less as well. And after spending a fortune what you get a good looking shiny car, the shine and water phobic properties stay for 5-6 months or it could last for until 3-4 washes. Again it all depends on your washing habits where you take the car and how you wash it. Even 1 bad wash with dirty towels can screw up your coating. This coating won't protect from Swirls and this is the only thing which F up your paint. So I better suggest throw this coating idea out of your head and find a Clear Bra installer you can use Xpel Ultimate Plus it might be slightly expensive but trust me that's the way to go I only install Xpel on my car I don't worry anymore about dirty wash\stone chip or paint scratches. Google Xpel and it will be reasonable enough for you to convince yourself that is the route. Get a custom cut installed vs pre-cut. Just find a cheap Xpel installer and call it a day.

Thanks