GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Coolant under car not from hose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X166 blue tec 2014 / 2009 Toyota Venza
Coolant under car not from hose

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve attached photo to highlight where I think leak is occurring. I need to identify the surrounding engine parts.
Old 03-17-2021, 01:56 PM

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
S 550, S65 Coupe
There are a bunch of small coolant lines that come off the front of the engine and go to both turbos. 6 lines total. They are a mix of plastic / metal and the plastic portions usually become brittle and fail. I can't really tell what is going on in your picture though but if it coming off the fron of the engine i would bet that would be a good place to look first.

I just noticed in your profile that that you have a diesel? if that is correct , disregard.

Last edited by Jim Ma; 03-17-2021 at 01:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X166 blue tec 2014 / 2009 Toyota Venza
Originally Posted by Jim Ma
There are a bunch of small coolant lines that come off the front of the engine and go to both turbos. 6 lines total. They are a mix of plastic / metal and the plastic portions usually become brittle and fail. I can't really tell what is going on in your picture though but if it coming off the fron of the engine i would bet that would be a good place to look first.

I just noticed in your profile that that you have a diesel? if that is correct , disregard.

I figured out what it was and got a hose part number so I can get the flange that it leads to which is where the leak appears to be coming from. Any suggestions on how these hoses attach. Funky compression clamps