GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

GL350 bluetec stuttering on low pedal input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c230. GL350
Originally Posted by berlinbai
I was just about to start a thread and saw this.
I've noticed this stutter as well, fuel economy is amazing as always 7.2./100km on hwy
My 2013 ML350BT had the NOx sensors changed once before by stealer $2000, Soot sensor change under warranty.

Has anyone thought about checked the air filter condition?
I mean if under light throttle/after coasting/after stopping, the turbo isn't spinning very fast, and we apply say 10%throttle to demand certain amount of air and fuel, our fuel injection is pretty precise on fuel, but if the air filter is somewhat dirty plus the turbo isn't spinning fast, it would cause mixture too rich. and thus poor performance for a few sec until turbo catches up, or the ecu to adjust since our modern diesel do have a throttle which is control by the ecu.
Thoughts? I don't know if all this makes sense, someone with the knowledge please educate me. But I'm desperate to change my fuel fitler, and air filter and clean EGR valve TOMORROW, I'll post back the result.

cheers

PS, if none of this helps the situation and the car does nothing else and shows no engine light or codes, I would just wait out on the class action.
since you are also in Vancouver, maybe we can meet and check each others cars ?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetec W166
Originally Posted by notorius
I would suggest doing 1 part at a time and test to find out what solved the issue
for me my air filters are clean (at least from the looks)
fuel filter i have changed it already and when the problem came back, i put older one back. i had it lying around.
Then in the end touch the EGR and its most time consuming and hardest to deal with
Originally Posted by notorius
since you are also in Vancouver, maybe we can meet and check each others cars ?
I got all the time in the world to do it 1 by 1, with a toddler at home, the garage feels like a sanctuary.
I would love to meet, but the ML is my wife's daily so we might have to wait until the covid is over.
meanwhile, I'm trying to post-shoot some videos and post them on youtube, so people visually see the symptoms.
I do have the Xentry software on my laptop, So I'll be going over those troubleshoots first, I wish I have a Star Tool in hand.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:32 PM

c230. GL350
Originally Posted by berlinbai
I got all the time in the world to do it 1 by 1, with a toddler at home, the garage feels like a sanctuary.
I would love to meet, but the ML is my wife's daily so we might have to wait until the covid is over.
meanwhile, I'm trying to post-shoot some videos and post them on youtube, so people visually see the symptoms.
I do have the Xentry software on my laptop, So I'll be going over those troubleshoots first, I wish I have a Star Tool in hand.
same case here with toddler,

Anyhow i just did scan with autel scanner and found not faults at all. Also another thing i noticed is heavy diesel smell now a days coming from car. See if you notice same.
I did pid monitoring on turbo, egr and they seems fine as well, also intake temp, volume etc
Old 06-17-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
14 GL 350, 23Chevy Bolt EV and 22 EUV
USA.
As far as I am aware, no payments to customers have been received.

Last edited by captivabenz; 06-17-2021 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Additional explanation
Old 06-17-2021, 11:51 AM

c230. GL350
Originally Posted by captivabenz
USA.
As far as I am aware, no payments to customers have been received.
this is reply i got from law firm here in Canada this week. i guess based on this all these cars be dead or nearing dead by the time settlement is made.Thank you for your email.

We are continuing through the discovery phase of the litigation and will provide an update the next time there is major news to share in the case.

Please continue to check back on our website for updates as they occur.

Regards,
Communications Department

Koskie Minsky LLP | Barristers & Solicitors
Suite 900 | 20 Queen Street West

Toronto | Ontario | Canada | M5H3R3
Old 12-14-2021, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GL350
Same issue on my 2016 GL350

Hi Notorious, have you fixed the stuttering problem yet? I am from Canada as well. Please let me know if you know how to fix it. And also update from MB canada regarding emission lawsuit. Thank you Notorious.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:04 PM

c230. GL350
i got fed up and ended up Malone tuning my car. The issue is gone, i think it is something to do with EGR system getting stuck or flaps.
you may try getting EGR system and flaps cleaned or just like me get rid of all and bypass them
the problem is gone right after that

i have no hope on MB canada law suite, i talked to them they themselves are hopeless
Old 05-18-2024, 08:46 PM

ML350
Hello Berlinbai, Did you ever got to resolution of this stuttering issue, Mine 2015 ML350 doing exact same thing. Mine has been stuttering on 3rd gear little bit ever since did DPF delete tune in 2021. Now I am noticing all the time on low pedal input.