GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Vehicle Stuck on ACC on mode with no response - Bad/Wrong jumpstart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB Gl450 x166
Angry Vehicle Stuck on ACC on mode with no response - Bad/Wrong jumpstart

Hey Team,

I am in a bit of a pickle...My 2013 MB gl450 x166 was having a hard time starting. Unfortunately, the vehicle was jumped at the wrong location and now is not responding to push start and Its stuck in ACC mode the position before it starts. I took out the battery and put in back in, but when I do... it immediately is back on to acc mode. All lights on the dash are on including radio, but it states all pre safe features, power steering, transmission can't switch to drive, and the won't respond to FOB when trying to lock...I know there's more I left out !

The vehicle has a jump post on the left fender towards the top with a red slider that I totally overlooked. "it was raining hard and windy...please don't judge me" Instead, I saw a red wire running into the fuse box in the engine bay lifted that cover and plugged the jumper to the red wire. Unfortunately, when I went to start it...I heard click/pop sound and been stuck ever since. I took a part that piece where the + jump terminal I was supposed to use is at. There was a 150 amp midi fuse that was out which I replaced and I checked all the fuses in the box upfront where I plugged the jumper to which are all good , but still no cigar. The vehicle is still the same and the fuse replacement did not resolve the issue.

Any assistance is appreciated...I am trying to save myself from going to the dealer. I owned many cars and never gone to a dealer, but to buy parts. Never for repairs as I am usually able to take care of most things. I am hoping maybe someone knows what might be going on or could guide me towards a resolution.

Last edited by Braxxton_401; 12-06-2022 at 05:53 PM.