GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Frustrated 2013 GL550 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 03:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GL550
Frustrated 2013 GL550 Owner

So have 135K miles on my GL550. Purchased in March of 2020 with 58K miles so I've put on my fair share of miles on the suv and countless dollars in keeping it running but I really hate to part with it.
Problem #1: at a stoplight the engine stalled, would not try to crank, so I had it towed (Christmas Eve) later (about 5 hours later)that night I go get the gifts out of it and just for fun try to start it and it fired right up with no check engine lights. Been driving the past few days just fine but waiting for it to happen again.

Problem#2: After replacing the radiator I noticed my heat stopped working correctly. Only warms up the drivers side. All functions, vents, etc seem to be working fine.

Took the car into a local shop to have these issues looked at and they said it had a P062c00 code that immediately pops up when the car is started but no check engine light. On the heater issue they did a vacuum check on the system and had no issue, pressure tested, etc and they said doing a backflush wouldn't make a difference.

Frustrated I made an appointment for the 10th to have it looked at a local MB shop. Anyone have any ideas?