GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

2013 ML550 - No Power - No Codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550
2013 ML550 - No Power - No Codes

Just bought a 2013 ML550 (A W166?) with 30k miles on it. Absolutely love it! Unfortunately, after about 2k miles all power to the wheels completely disappeared. While driving, in forward gear, the power just quit. It will also not move in reverse and it coasts in park.

I get no codes and the Mercedes dealership gets no codes even though they know it isn't working - they had to tow it into the service bay. The strange things is that this problem comes and goes and apparently they can't get a code when it's not happening. Somehow the dealership got it working again - although they don't know how - and I'm being told I can come pick up the vehicle. It's under warranty and I will not accept it back until the problem is identified and we know it has been fixed. I was told by a service writer that it might be a malfunctioning valve body. Has anybody heard of anything like this or have any insight? I want to keep this truck but will be forced to require the dealership to buy it back if the problem can't be identified and fixed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!