GLA Class (H247) Produced 2021 to Present

GLA35 (2021) Upgrade from CLA250 (2017)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GLA35 (2021) | Patagonia Red | AMG Aero, Vision & Innovation Packages | 21" AMG Matte Black Rims
GLA35 (2021) Upgrade from CLA250 (2017)

It was a bittersweet farewell, as I said my final goodbyes to my beloved CLA250 a few mornings ago after 4 wonderful years of owning it, modifying it and growing really attached to it. But onward to the next chapter with the growing family. Got to take home delivery Mercedes-AMG GLA35 in the absolutely stunning Patagonia red metallic and spec'ed with amazing packages! Definitely not the same showroom experience but given COVID-19 restrictions this was the next best thing. Am totally loving the car! She’s a real beaut, and already had it paint corrected, decontaminated and ceramic coated the same day.

Now to be a good boy and break her in gently for the first 1500km. That’s gonna suck!

Some pics of my old car:

__PRESENT

Last edited by itsmehuey; 09-11-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Congrats on your new GLA. I wish you many happy miles. I would think that the AMG version will be quite the pocket rocket. It's too bad you couldn't keep both. I know the pain of parting with a much loved MB. I wound up having to sell my first one. I was then a while later, able to buy my 2nd one and I still own it. I decided I didn't want to go through that again. You don't see too many GLAs in red. I'm not sure I've ever seen one on the road, just in pictures.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GLA35 (2021) | Patagonia Red | AMG Aero, Vision & Innovation Packages | 21" AMG Matte Black Rims
Originally Posted by 190Efan
Congrats on your new GLA. I wish you many happy miles. I would think that the AMG version will be quite the pocket rocket. It's too bad you couldn't keep both. I know the pain of parting with a much loved MB. I wound up having to sell my first one. I was then a while later, able to buy my 2nd one and I still own it. I decided I didn't want to go through that again. You don't see too many GLAs in red. I'm not sure I've ever seen one on the road, just in pictures.
__PRESENT
Thank you! It's truly beautiful and I am absolutely in love with it (inside and out). It's my first step into the AMG family, although not with a hand-built AMG motor, still consider it AMG with AMG enhanced engine components. Yes it was sad to part ways with my old car, which I put so much into! But we only had the budget to have one car and with our bub growing so incredibly fast, we had to say bye to my beloved CLA. I at least have a bunch of photos to remind me of my fond memories. But onward to greater things I say!! That's great that you were able to get to keep two cars for yourself eventually!

Yeah I don't see many GLA35 or GLA45 down here in Melbourne, Australia.. let alone ones in red! It was the only one that my dealership had in stock for the whole year!! everything else would have been stock standard with little to no packages. Was truly lucky to be able to secure it. Once my sales agent told me they only had one and won't have anymore until next year I had to jump on it ASAP. I'm hoping lockdown here eases soon so I can travel more than a 5km radius. Seems a sin to have her just sitting in our apartment garage only being used for grocery and nappy runs.

Take care!