GLA Class (H247) Produced 2021 to Present

21/22 GLA 4matic how do you like it? pros/cons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C Class Sport
21/22 GLA 4matic how do you like it? pros/cons

I have a 18' Cclass 4 matic and test drove a '21 GLA I would like to trade it in for a GLA when avaiable. How do you like it? how is it in snow? I noticed the infotainment system is clunky compared to my c class. What optins would you avoid?
Old 02-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,963 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Most vehicles do well in the snow as long as you get good winter tires, the GLA will do just fine as well with 4MATIC.

The GLA 4MATIC is front wheel drive biased while your C's 4MATIC was rear-wheel biased.

C class has a more luxurious feel than A class because it is considered as a higher class and material are probably better too.

The infotainment system is not for everyone, a lot of people do enjoy the MBUX in the GLA compared to the COMAND on the older car such as your C though. MBUX is actually a benchmark in its class. If you don't like MBUX, something you interact daily as long as you are in the vehicle, I am not sure if you really should go with a GLA.

There are transmission differences for the GLA vs the C. Your C has a 9 speed automatic torque converter transmission tuned for comfort while the GLA has a 7 speed dual clutch that may be jerky compared to the one found in the C.

Although it is more expensive now, I not sure if you want to wait till the new C-Class comes out before deciding? Not sure where you live but if you live in the USA, it should be here during Q2 of this year if you live in the UK it should already be in showrooms.

Options are tailored to personal preference, it would help us help you if you share with us what are your needs and wants and we can go from there.

Make sure to do thorough test drives (multiple if possible each vehicle with different options) to see if you truly like it.

If you want to research a bit more on this vehicle (I always recommend doing research), there is a forum that is dedicated for GLA owners: https://www.glaowners.com/

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 02-04-2022 at 11:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (02-09-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:04 AM

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
GLE 350 , GLA 250 and Lexus ES 350
I have GLA 250 2021 it has 8-speed dual-clutch transmission. Because it has run-flat tires ride is different than regular tires. It is an SUV so you feel sitting in a higher position than the car and more in control because of better road visibility. I like the shape of the new GLA ( I like 1st gen GLA shape too).
The infotainment system is super easy to use. I have a 2018 GLE 350 which is a non-touch infotainment system so I have to twist and turn the knob (many steps) before getting what I want. The ride is of a sporty SUV. I have a 2.0 non-amg turbo and it is pretty quick. The Interior is very well designed and roomy. The only complaint is the lack of a spare wheel and run-flat tires. I am working on it to get a spare wheel with a collapsable tire. I give this 8 out of 10. I took 1 point for no spare tire and 1 point for run-flat as they do not absorb the road bumps as regular tires do. I am planning to get regular tires one time to change and will install spare wheel.

The following users liked this post:
Benzgurl#1 (02-25-2022)