GLA Class (H247) Produced 2021 to Present

Dash Cam Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gla35
Dash Cam Install

Here's a quick youtube video from my dash cam install that might be helpful to others.

Old 03-21-2023, 12:39 PM

gla35
Some additional photos and info. Camera I used was a Viofo Mini along with a generic hardwire kit.

When I pulled the pillar trim the metal clip popped out of the plastic. I needed to remove the clip and reinstall into the white plastic trim before reinstalling the whole thing. I didn't pull the trim all the way out so I had to feed the wire up thru the bottom before routing it to the top of the headliner.

Fuse box diagram just for your info. Diagram isn't complete and there were other fuses that aren't on the sheet.

Old 03-31-2023, 11:42 AM

gla35
Update to my experience. When driving around with the dash cam with auto start/stop on, the dash cam will power cycle at times. I think the fuse outlet powers off for a brief moment because of the start/stop. Because of this, I decided to use the spare cigarette lighter outlet on the center console with a USB adapter. Not 100% clean wiring anymore, but stll feels like an A-. This works very nicely and powers on and off with the car. NOTE: USB C to C cables didn't work with my camera. Apparently, the USB C port doesn't regulate the power down, that is up to the device to do. So it's best to use a USB A to C cable so that the camera will get the appropriate 5v of power. A 10ft cable is just long enough to get around.