GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

New GLA 250 in NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes GLA 250
New GLA 250 in NY

Picked up my wife's GLA 2 weeks ago from Rallye Mercedes. We traded in her 2008 Escalade which I always hated. I was equally excited to get rid of the Escalade as I was in getting the new car.

My wife opted for the AWD base model in Black with black with a black interior and the premium package, Pano roof, and rearview camera. We were originally getting the Sport package, but the dealer advised against it due to the low profile tires on the 19inch wheels. They claim we would suffer blowouts on the rough NY roads and would not recommend the larger wheels without the tire insurance.

It's been 2 weeks and I really enjoy driving the car. It is a fun car to drive. I think MB did a nice job of making a small car feel roomy. They could have added another couple inches, but still nice to get excellent fuel economy for a change.
My only issue so far is no trailer hitch. I have a bike rack and a hitch haul for my other vehicles but at this point I won't be able to use these on the Benz until I can bolt up a receiver hitch. The downside to a new model is no aftermarket goodies for now.