GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Greenway MB in Houston- My experience.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gla250
Greenway MB in Houston- My experience.

I will make it as short as I can. Not to long ago my friend did purchased a new MB from them. The deal was that they will install a window tint after the deal is finalized. After the deal was finalized, I expressed my experience and opinion in social media about the deal (I wont get into details when and where and what I posted since its not important at the moment, but Originally no names or dealership was mentioned).

The manager of Greeway MB got the message thru corporate and not only he did not honor the deal, my friend is now being treated like a 2nd class citizen.

I cannot persuade you or anyone else not to buy a car from them, because of what happened, I do however can say that they did over charged him for the acquisition fee over $1000, and for the Money Factor.

The acquisition fee was posted on many National advertisements to be $795, yet they would not willing to give it to him. The MF was also doubled, even the Finance guy agreed that the MF was .0015, he kept on saying that "Well, we too have to eat!" and charged him .0025.

I feel that the dealership is not honorable, as they forget to keep their promises, with poor management in charge who obviously does not understands the POWER of a CUSTOMER, along with a very old saying "THE Customer is always right"

Take what you wish from the above, I just wanted to share this.

YOU HEAR THIS GREEWAY, this is not my last post. Honer the deal you promised.

Last edited by Mikey79; 12-30-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
So who forced him to sign a deal with higher fees or MF than he thought he was getting? And if tint was part of the deal, why was it not in writing?
Old 12-30-2014, 01:57 PM

gla250
Originally Posted by Yidney
So who forced him to sign a deal with higher fees or MF than he thought he was getting? And if tint was part of the deal, why was it not in writing?
You right.
I will elaborate: the gla250 just came out, at the time of purchase there are only 3-5 cars available for sale in Houston area. I am sure you know when it comes to buying new model cars there isnt much negotiation nor choices. That is why its not like my friend had a choice (given that he wanted GLA250) to say NO. So he went along with the deal as it was. No one made him sign, but given the circumstance it was the only option.

Hope that clarifies why i am upset. I havnt met a dealer (up till now) who did not Honor the deal yet. I have worked in a dealeship and have been around cars all my life, I have seen where dealers do screw people out of money at the time of Negotiations and how they manipulate the deal to make it fit the paymets , but never heard of one not honering the promises.

You can blame me or my friend it doesn't matter, the purpose if this thread is not to justify of my doing. I just wanted to post this so others would know and learn.

Another thing I might add, them not honoring the deal is one thing, but treating a customer like crap because they got caught is another IS JUST LOW, very LOW

Last edited by Mikey79; 12-30-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 AM

GLA 250
Hmmm?

I just purchased a GLA250 from Mercedes Benz of Greenway, and I have to say it was THE BEST buying experience I have ever had.

I went in on Friday, had a casual conversation on my trade-in and the discount of the car. When I went back on Saturday, the value of my trade and the discount on the GLA both went up. Can't ask for better than that.

I chose the dealership mainly for it's proximity to my home and friend's experience.

Everyone can have a bad time, but in the OP's case, it sounds more like communication issues than anything else.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Was the .0015 quoted prior to running a credit report? My experience is that MBFS sets the MF depending on what tier credit the customer falls under. That .0025 does seem really high though -- equivalent to 6% vs. 3.6%. The acquisition fee can be changed by the dealer. I've seen it up to $1,095.