GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Downsizing to GLA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC 300
Downsizing to GLA

Well I'll be turning in my 2 year GLK lease tomorrow, for a GLA. Budget is tightening, and was able to get the GLA lease at about 2/3 of what the GLK would have cost.

Anyhow, I will try to post some comparisons for others thinking of downsizing.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:27 PM

2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by davatk
Well I'll be turning in my 2 year GLK lease tomorrow, for a GLA. Budget is tightening, and was able to get the GLA lease at about 2/3 of what the GLK would have cost.

Anyhow, I will try to post some comparisons for others thinking of downsizing.
Ok, got the new GLA. Intial thoughts vs the GLK 250 Bluetec. Note that I went from a GLK with Premium Package and Multimedia to neither of those on the GLA.

Not quite as refined on the interior, although not bad.
Can't seem to get quite as comfy in the drivers seat (yet) still trying to find the sweet spot. I have a bit of sciatica, so this could take a while.
Do not like the LCD screen setup as well as the GLK.
More room in the interior than I thought - not much different than GLK.
Lower area of Cargo area seems to have decent space - most of the loss in space vs GLK is in the upper cargo area.
Not as much power as the diesel.
GLA drives a bit more like a car.
GLA ECO mode, adaptive braking takes some getting used to.
Wondering if I can tow a 2500 lb trailer with this thing.

Thats all for now. In general, I'm pleased with the vehicle although it definitely is a step down from the GLK - which I expected. However for the 1/3 less lease payment, I'm OK with that.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
When you say there's more room than you expected, are you speaking of only the front seat?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:33 PM

2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by mkaresh
When you say there's more room than you expected, are you speaking of only the front seat?
No, actually Front and back seat areas. Lose some cargo space, but even then a lot of that is lost in the upper section of the cargo area in the event you had large or tall items.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:18 PM

2009 E350, 2015 GLK350 4Matic
I did the opposite of you, GLA to GLK. Ride quality/solidity and motor/transmission quality and responsiveness are the 2 biggest changes moving "up" to GLK for me--but our GLK is the gasser.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 GLA250 4Matic, '13 GLK 4Matic (wife's), '01 Porsche Boxster S, 1938 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan
We have both a GLK350 and a GLA250. Really a tough call for me. I like the power, smoothness and solidity of the wife's GLK. On the other hand I like the size and handling of my GLA. What I would really like is a GLA designed with the engine and drivetrain from the GLK. Yes, I could have opted for power in the form of the GLA45, but would still be sitting behind a four cylinder with the 7 speed DCT. So the engine frequency and transmission quirkiness would remain.