GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

tire PSI need how many!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
tire PSI need how many!?!

so i haven't driven my GLA for 2 weeks, the TPMS trigger a warning light on my dash, showing 33-36 range. It got me wondering, 32 - 35 range is really normal for all the cars i had owned.

then i look at the sticker on my driver side door as i was fueling up the car today, the sticker read 44 psi, REALLY?! 44?!

then i research on google to see what people put in on their GLA, edmund tester only have 34 front and 32 rear, GLA forum has also similar range,

but if i put 32-35 psi i am sure the warning light will stay on, i could give dealer a call but then i am sure they will just throw random number at me or just ask me to look at the driver side door again.

so before i really do pump it to 44 (which might pose a safety risk for me, as the vehicle doesn't ride low, and I had past experiences of losing traction for any pressure over 40 in my other car) just wanted to check what this forum member put in your tires.

my car has the AMG package so i have 245/45/19 tires
Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 PM

GLA 250
In my GLA250 the alarm went off when the pressure was 3psi or more between any two tires. 44psi appears to be for max load. Take a look inside your fuel filler door, mine says something like 33 front, 29 rear. Once they're set to the values you want use the tire pressure settings through the menu to accept those values as the new ones it monitors against. The car will then reset the TPMS.

Last edited by paglan; 10-15-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong psi
Old 10-15-2015, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 328 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by kirax2
so i haven't driven my GLA for 2 weeks, the TPMS trigger a warning light on my dash, showing 33-36 range. It got me wondering, 32 - 35 range is really normal for all the cars i had owned.

then i look at the sticker on my driver side door as i was fueling up the car today, the sticker read 44 psi, REALLY?! 44?!

then i research on google to see what people put in on their GLA, edmund tester only have 34 front and 32 rear, GLA forum has also similar range,

but if i put 32-35 psi i am sure the warning light will stay on, i could give dealer a call but then i am sure they will just throw random number at me or just ask me to look at the driver side door again.

so before i really do pump it to 44 (which might pose a safety risk for me, as the vehicle doesn't ride low, and I had past experiences of losing traction for any pressure over 40 in my other car) just wanted to check what this forum member put in your tires.

my car has the AMG package so i have 245/45/19 tires
Do as was suggested above and check the fuel filler door to see the recommended PSI for the tires on your car.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:03 PM

I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
Originally Posted by paglan
In my GLA250 the alarm went off when the pressure was 3psi or more between any two tires. 44psi appears to be for max load. Take a look inside your fuel filler door, mine says something like 33 front, 29 rear. Once they're set to the values you want use the tire pressure settings through the menu to accept those values as the new ones it monitors against. The car will then reset the TPMS.

thanks! didn't know i could reset the setting as new!

i keep forgetting to check psi on fuel door, as my other cars has it listed on the driver side door sill instead

haha