GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Crankcase Vent? GLA250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA250
Crankcase Vent? GLA250

Hello everyone, first time posting in the group I do have some of the question and the issue on my 2015 GLA250W4.
The car was buying in used back in 17' and been drive around for almost 2 years no issue, car just hit the 20K miles a week ago and dashboard pop up for a " Service B " alongside with an " Engine Light (Orange) " I took the car for the service first time at the dealer that I brought the car with.

Everything went just fine, the car took almost two hrs for service then the Service Advisor called me for the car ready to pick up on the phone. Went back to the dealer and pay for the service around $540+.
I walked back to the car and all the sudden the Service Advisor quickly came up to me saying that the " Engine light is still on due to the oil leak in crankcase vent and you need to be fix (replaced) we have to order the part from oversea " I'm thinking (so why didn't you inform me the issue while you called me?)
he also hand me the quote paper kind of, the price of fixed the crankcase vent for 1,600+ also he wanted to me to make an appointment now. I asking him it's okay to drive the car out now he said yes, but it need to be fix I take his card and said i'll call him back etc.
So up until now the car was drived just fine but the engine light is still on, I tried to research the issue that he told me about and found the crankcase replaced was sold for only 30+ - 160$ on online not sure It was the same thing. That's the only thing that I had found.

It's anyone experiencing the issue above on the GLA250 before and how much you guys pay for it? the car just hit 20K miles and need to be fix almost a 2K already?
again my car was 2015' GLA250W4 20K miles I also lived in MN.

Thank you.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 GLA 250
Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) parts can fail at any time. By recovering/recycling non-combusted fuel/oil vapors they are part of the overall emissions control systems. You can drive the car with most PCV failures but of course likely not pass an emissions inspection and hence the check engine light.