Navigation system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 180
Red face Navigation system

Hey

I bought a used MB GLA 180 2017 model right before christmas, i didn't care much about the navigation system back then but lately i been fiddling with it and wanting to get it to work.
When i push the navigation button it says its missing a memory card, when i bought it i never received a memory card for the navigation system and when i call the local MB dealer they want a mindblowing price of 1000$ for a "activation card".
I tried googling it and it seems like it used to be possible to download a download manager from MB before to update maps ? But all links are broken and not working anymore and it seems like every "free option" there was has been removed so they could profit from it instead ?

So my question is... Do i really need to spend a 1000$ for a "activation card" from the local dealer to get my navigation system in the car working ?
If so... is there any alternatives ? is there any other ways to get it working by 3rd party software / hardware ?

Best regards
Old 04-05-2023, 03:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,795 Likes on 2,377 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Ongen
Hey

I bought a used MB GLA 180 2017 model right before christmas, i didn't care much about the navigation system back then but lately i been fiddling with it and wanting to get it to work.
When i push the navigation button it says its missing a memory card, when i bought it i never received a memory card for the navigation system and when i call the local MB dealer they want a mindblowing price of 1000$ for a "activation card".
I tried googling it and it seems like it used to be possible to download a download manager from MB before to update maps ? But all links are broken and not working anymore and it seems like every "free option" there was has been removed so they could profit from it instead ?

So my question is... Do i really need to spend a 1000$ for a "activation card" from the local dealer to get my navigation system in the car working ?
If so... is there any alternatives ? is there any other ways to get it working by 3rd party software / hardware ?

Best regards
You do need that SD card but you could probably buy it off (ebay?)