Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG

Hello AMG owners. I have not post any new threads or comments in years. What's new lately? Bought a new GLA45 AMG last year because I'm now married to a beautiful wife with 2 new baby girls. Anyways... Figured I post a positive review of my experience with purchasing the RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar for the GLA45. The product arrived 23 days after ordering. Product had to be made since it was not readily available. All the items were carefully packaged. The installation took a little longer than expected simply because RENNTECH provided me two incorrect Titanium bolt size. I was given two M10x1.25 rather than the correct M10x1.5. This was briefly corrected by going to nearby Lowe's and buying two steel bolts. I immediately contacted RENNTECH the following morning and they honestly admitted to their mistake. Turns out their inventory for these Titanium bolts were incorrect so they had to contact their suppliers and so forth. About 2 weeks later, RENNTECH, call me that they had shipped the two correct Titanium bolts via UPS Ground. An email with the tracking number was given later that day. Despite that RENNTECH made an error, they were more than happy to solve the issue. RENNTECH (aka Scott, Purchasing Director) provided great customer service, clear communication and always used positive language. Getting in touch with them via email or by phone was never a problem.

Now, regarding the review of the RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar itself. Is it worth over $1,000? Probably not if you have good driving habits. But I think they're more for safety precautions. For those days you find yourself dodging stupid protestors trying to block the highway with the family on board. Lol I'm just kidding. But there is a noticeable difference when turning at higher than normal speed.

The only downside about this product is that the RENNTECH logo on the carbon fiber bar is a sticker. That sticker itself probably cost $200 LOL. Just trying to be funny. Hope you enjoyed this write up. .
Attached Thumbnails RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG-imag0715.jpg   RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG-imag0765.jpg   RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG-imag0763.jpg   RENNTECH carbon fiber front strut bar REVIEW for GLA45 and CLA45 AMG-imag0764.jpg