Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Should I buy an AMG buyback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150
Should I buy an AMG buyback?

Anyone have any experience with Mercedes buy backs. I found an Buyback that is a really good price. Low miles. And according to dealer was bought back due to previous owner complaining of transmission issues. Mercedes inspected and gave a clean bill of health. Has remaining of warranty and extended warranty offered. trying to decide what to do. Has anyone ever bought a buyback or know any that has? Has the vehicle held up? And on a separate note. I tried to post in another AMG sub group but for some reason this is the only one I can post in. Anyone else with posting issues?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Too many
probably not a great idea. Sometimes companies buy back cars when customer threatens lemon law and to avoid lemon title issue.The fact that they said it is ok does not mean a lot in my opinion. There are a lot of cars around and to save couple of thousands and the risk of potential headache is not worth it.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
If the dealership bought the car back, the car likely had a major flaw that could not be resolved after multiple attempts. So unless the dealership can produce written documentation (service records) clearly stating all the work done to fully resolve the issue I would run, not walk, away as fast as possible. Verbal promises from the dealership, that everything is fine with yhe car, mean nothing. As already pointed out, this car was likely a lemon and the dealership or MB was facing legal action. Do you really want to buy what could be a very deep money pit?
Old 07-24-2016, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 B-Class 200 Turbo
Depends on the price and how reduced it is. Some customers complain about every little thing too. Customers aren't always right. If you can get a service history on it, even better.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Road_Ghost
Depends on the price and how reduced it is. Some customers complain about every little thing too. Customers aren't always right. If you can get a service history on it, even better.
Great points and usually the buybacks include a CPO type extended warranty. You might end up with a better warranty than buying stock. usually the problems have been corrected.