Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

paint problem with the panel inside the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 AMG 2016
paint problem with the panel inside the car

Been having the car for almost a year now. I only used a towel to remove the dust on the inside. Today I washed my car, I noticed there was a spot on the panel that was a bit sticky. I used a wet towel and applied barely any force and the paint disapeared (wtf).

It looks like it was a touched up before by the texture. (I bought it brand new)

Is it even worth talking to the dealer about it?
Is this model known for having this kind of problem?

And last question is this something I can fix myself easily with the right stuff and what would that stuff be?

Sorry I know that is a lot of questions but I have full trust in this forum I know there is lot of car genius here and car aesthetics experts.

It's a little scratch but I love my things clean and I know this will bother me if I don't fix it.
Attached Thumbnails paint problem with the panel inside the car-wp_20170921_003.jpg   paint problem with the panel inside the car-wp_20170921_004.jpg  
Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA
Originally Posted by toobrokeforC63
Been having the car for almost a year now. I only used a towel to remove the dust on the inside. Today I washed my car, I noticed there was a spot on the panel that was a bit sticky. I used a wet towel and applied barely any force and the paint disapeared (wtf).

It looks like it was a touched up before by the texture. (I bought it brand new)

Is it even worth talking to the dealer about it?
Is this model known for having this kind of problem?

And last question is this something I can fix myself easily with the right stuff and what would that stuff be?

Sorry I know that is a lot of questions but I have full trust in this forum I know there is lot of car genius here and car aesthetics experts.

It's a little scratch but I love my things clean and I know this will bother me if I don't fix it.

I assume you have the 45 aluminum trim, there should be no paint, its supposed to be 1-2mm aluminum. Most likely someone dinged it and covered it with paint.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA
actually looking at it closer, might be a clear coat issue on the aluminum, show it to your dealer maybe they will replace it under warranty
Old 09-29-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 AMG 2016
thanks for the answers. I decided to go to the dealership earlier this week. I was able to get it replaced under warranty. Job was done yesterday. Really happy about it!