Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

How to choose an ECU Option for GLA45 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA45 AMG
How to choose an ECU Option for GLA45 AMG?

Hey Everyone,

I have recently become an GLA45 owner and like every other car I've ever owned, I'm extremely excited to tune it. I was thinking about a turbo back full Armytrix exhaust, an AMS Alpha intake, a Weistec Purge Valve, and some sort of ECU solution to manage it all. But I've never worked on these types of computers, how the hell do I pick a tune that will work with my combination of parts? None of these tuner chips are modifiable? No dyno tuning? Im very confused. I come from the Haltech or AEM stand along ECU world. How do these GLA45's work? Whats the best bet for getting my GLA45 tuned properly with the mods Im considering.

Thanks,

-Albert
Old 06-30-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA 45
use ams performance, renntech, oetuning, eurocharged.
all will tune your ecu if you send them yours. just tell tehm what you have for partsa.
3 very imortent things to do:
down pipe, air itake and ecu flash ( requires sending it out) or get piggi back ( plug in yourself and go)
very ez.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by caug
use ams performance, renntech, oetuning, eurocharged.
all will tune your ecu if you send them yours. just tell tehm what you have for partsa.
3 very imortent things to do:
down pipe, air itake and ecu flash ( requires sending it out) or get piggi back ( plug in yourself and go)
very ez.
I'm aware of the brands and services that currently exist. I'm more curious about how they tune a car they don't have on the dyno. How do they get the air/fuel ratios right when they are just guessing? How do I know a tune is not throwing my car into dangerous territory?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:19 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by MaxBoostAMG
I'm aware of the brands and services that currently exist. I'm more curious about how they tune a car they don't have on the dyno. How do they get the air/fuel ratios right when they are just guessing? How do I know a tune is not throwing my car into dangerous territory?
Some tuners are using a tune that was written by somebody else. Many tuners are actually just reselling the same tune.

The same can be said with piggy backs. Ever wonder why almost all of them make exactly 410hp or 430hp and they all connect to the same 2 (410hp) or 3 (430hp) sensors? Its because its (probably) the exact same tune. Alot of piggy backs even come in the exact same harness, just with different labels.

Unless a tuner has its own hardware (bms jb4) or keeps on making their own revisions (EC and AMR) they are probably the same as the other companies.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE

I recently purchased both the ECU and TCU tunes from Eurocharged -

I am extremely happy with how improved the car is -

I worked with Solomon at Eurocharged -

solomon@eurocharged.com -

He was great to work with and listened to my questions and concerns -

Even had follow-up e-mails -

If you have questions and concerns send him an e-mail -

It doesn't cost anything to ask him questions and get answers