GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Fit wheels inside for transport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2019 | 11:51 AM

GLA45
Fit wheels inside for transport?

Cheers!
Simple question; does anybody know if it's possible to fit a set of four wheels with mounted tires inside the AMG45 for transport? I'm looking to pick up a set of mounted snow tires, and not sure if they'll fit for the transport?

Thanks!

Coleman.
Old 12-03-2019 | 11:30 AM

GLA45 AMG (2019)
Originally Posted by col3man
Cheers!
Simple question; does anybody know if it's possible to fit a set of four wheels with mounted tires inside the AMG45 for transport? I'm looking to pick up a set of mounted snow tires, and not sure if they'll fit for the transport?

Thanks!

Coleman.
I recently did the very same thing and it's absolutely possible. Just drop the rear seats and the car will swallow up all four wheels. What wheel/tire combination did you get? I deliberated for ages before settling on 18' Ultraleggera's with Michelin X-Ice XI3.
Old 12-03-2019 | 01:54 PM

GLA45
Thanks man! Yeah, it was really easy.. I don't know why I was thinking it may not fit, but there was plenty of room, I went to Costco after and filled up the empty space with groceries!!! I have 18" Ultraleggera's on my 993! Nice choice!

I found a guy selling 19 inch 5x112 Enkei Raijin in black, they had a rather small offset which I didn't think was going to work, but there was plenty of room for the calipers with a 35mm offset... .. http://enkei.com/shop/wheels/tuning/raijin/ the previous owner had Pirelli SottoZero's and they work pretty well!

Coleman.

Old 12-06-2019 | 09:02 AM

GLA45 AMG (2019)
Originally Posted by col3man
Thanks man! Yeah, it was really easy.. I don't know why I was thinking it may not fit, but there was plenty of room, I went to Costco after and filled up the empty space with groceries!!! I have 18" Ultraleggera's on my 993! Nice choice!

I found a guy selling 19 inch 5x112 Enkei Raijin in black, they had a rather small offset which I didn't think was going to work, but there was plenty of room for the calipers with a 35mm offset... .. http://enkei.com/shop/wheels/tuning/raijin/ the previous owner had Pirelli SottoZero's and they work pretty well!

Coleman.
Oh, those are great. I was really torn between Enkei and OZ. Ultimately 18' won out - and i have to say, I'm really impressed by how well they handle. Certainly not as responsive as the 20s with Conti's, but also not as harsh of a ride. At any rate, the car really does have plenty of space for virtually anything short of a full-size couch...and is conveniently small enough for the concrete jungle of NYC.

I've always loved the 993! ... the last of the "real Porsche's"