Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Loss of power - assistance needed please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA AMG 45 S
Loss of power - assistance needed please

Hi All,

I took ownership of a GLA AMG 45 S on 3 February and first experienced a loss of power when moving from a stop position to accelerate on 13 February.

Mercedes first attempted to find the fault in the car on 17 February. Following three power loses in less than 20 minutes (again from stopped position to needing to accelerate) on 18 February, Mercedes have had the car since 19 February.

On driving the car Mercedes have noted the sudden and unexpected loss of power as described above.

Yesterday Mercedes advised that the work carried out by the Technical Department was to re adapt the engine/transmission data to constantly readapt to differing driving styles and conditions. They have gone on to say that based on testing, they are unable to confirm a fault or defect with the engine/transmission operation so they are of the opinion that the engine data is the cause of the reported symptom and that this data is improving with more driving.

My question is - is it normal for the AMG to suddenly lose power when moving from a stopped position to accelerating? Mercedes have previously told me that the car was not behaving as expected but are now telling me the loss of power is normal as the car is running in.

The safety of my family is paramount. On one occasion I went to pull out in front of another car and the engine did not respond so I am seeking advice if the work done by the Technical Department is likely to resolve this issue so I can feel safe driving this car. Currently I do not.

On 24 March I received a notification from Mercedes Me that a collision with the car had been detected. Can this message be an error? I am yet to discuss this with them as up till yesterday the car was going to be replaced.

I hope someone can assist me. So far my dealings with Mercedes have not been in line with their slogan, the best or nothing, so I am a very disappointed customer and not confident in their response.

Thanking you in advance,

Helen

Old 05-05-2021, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
So sorry no one ever responded to your post and also sorry about the difficulties with your GLA. Hopefully by now you've been further assisted by MB. If not, I would suggest contacting MBUSA and see what they have to say about your situation.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
@Helent did you ever get this problem resolved?

I have always had an issue where the car feels like it bogs down from a dead start if I am using bad gas... It is about a 3 second hesitation... I am not sure if this is the same thing you are experiencing or not.

Ed
Old 10-01-2021, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA45 ANG Yellow Night
Originally Posted by ecohen2
@Helent did you ever get this problem resolved?

I have always had an issue where the car feels like it bogs down from a dead start if I am using bad gas... It is about a 3 second hesitation... I am not sure if this is the same thing you are experiencing or not.

Ed
What year is your GLA? I believe it a known problem in the earlier models and was fix after 2016 with a software update on the 2017 onwards