Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Looking for advice on proper upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLA 45 AMG
Looking for advice on proper upgrades

So this is my first post on the first forum I’ve ever joined up for, so bare with any miss steps. I recent bought my first Mercedes Benz. For about a year I researched combing thought dealer websites to eventually pull the trigger on a 2015 GLA 45 AMG. Other than an issue with the gear box while in sport mode I absolutely love this vehicle. Luckily a fairly affordable warranty will cover any work to address this issue. Driving the GLA for about a month now I’m starting to think about using it less of a daily and making it into a proper rocket ship. Hoping to not have to touch its turbos I’d like to get its HP up some where near 500. I have some what of an idea of what upgrades are needed but not sure what companies to trust for this project. I’ve decided an ecu possibly from renntech might be the best start but would love to hear if there are any better more reliable brands to consider. There’s also plans to upgrade its intake, down pipe and possibly a bolt on exhaust kit that can also still be legal within the state of California. If anyone might have some insight on what brands or websites I should start looking at it would be very much appreciated. Also if someone has any other advice that might help me down the road I’d be grateful to hear it. thank you if you’ve made this far