GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Mulitcontour front seats or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
Mulitcontour front seats or not?

Not a GLB owner yet but hope to be within next few weeks. I am confused on "regular" front seat vs "multicontour" front seat. Please advise. And does the multicontour have active side bolster air bladders that adjust as you go into turns while driving? Merc website is not clear and I have received contradictory descriptions from two different dealerships.

One more Q, does the regular seat and multicontour seat have a massage setting?

Thank you. I am trying to figure out which options are required and which options are optional. ; )
Old 03-11-2020, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,968 Likes on 3,120 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Is it possible to visit a dealer with a GLB in stock, preferably with the multicontour seats, and ask questions?
Old 03-12-2020, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Let me give you a "factual" answer - please understand 99%+ of MB Sales Adviser's won't have a clue about this GLB Option - and frankly there are only 15-20 GLB's (both RWD and AWD) on the ground in the entire US with this "rare" option.

1. If you want this option you will need to "Build"

2. Standard is Lumbar

3. MultiContour "add's" two things - Side Bolster "Adjustability" which inflates side bolster for tighter torso fitting (or deflates to normal torso/standard fitting) and add's a multi-chamber Lumbar which can give you two Massage modes Wave or Pulsating with two levels Standard and High for each mode.

4. In the GLB MBUX system - in Seat Comfort - you control the standard Lumbar - adding MultiContour option adds MBUX Seat Comfort Options "Side Bolster" and "Massage" to the the MBUX menu

Yes - I am kindof proud to be one of the "few" that knows new model stuff since I am asked by MB as part of factory elite focus group.

if you google GLB Multi-Contour Seats - Diplo/Euro will have a "kind-of-clear" description - if you pull down the US GLB Owner's Manual from MBUSA (start with "Account" on upper right corner) you will find a small reference buried I "think" pg 99-100 or so
The following users liked this post:
BSG75 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Smile

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Let me give you a "factual" answer - please understand 99%+ of MB Sales Adviser's won't have a clue about this GLB Option - and frankly there are only 15-20 GLB's (both RWD and AWD) on the ground in the entire US with this "rare" option.

1. If you want this option you will need to "Build"

2. Standard is Lumbar

3. MultiContour "add's" two things - Side Bolster "Adjustability" which inflates side bolster for tighter torso fitting (or deflates to normal torso/standard fitting) and add's a multi-chamber Lumbar which can give you two Massage modes Wave or Pulsating with two levels Standard and High for each mode.

4. In the GLB MBUX system - in Seat Comfort - you control the standard Lumbar - adding MultiContour option adds MBUX Seat Comfort Options "Side Bolster" and "Massage" to the the MBUX menu

Yes - I am kindof proud to be one of the "few" that knows new model stuff since I am asked by MB as part of factory elite focus group.

if you google GLB Multi-Contour Seats - Diplo/Euro will have a "kind-of-clear" description - if you pull down the US GLB Owner's Manual from MBUSA (start with "Account" on upper right corner) you will find a small reference buried I "think" pg 99-100 or so
That's really interesting. I had no idea that option was available on the GLB. Ours has "seat kinetics" but it's also spec'd out as a mid-level model. The most important features for my wife were 4-Matic, heated seats and a heated steering wheel.