GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

GLB video review and test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:32 AM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
GLB video review and test drive

I recently had the 2020 GLB for a week as a loaner while my E63 was getting fixed at the dealership. To say that it was a pleasure experiencing this brand new MB model is the least I can say. I was impressed. Having had driven GLEs, GLCs, and GLSs in the past, I think GLB is similarly great car with the latest tech.

I decided to make a full review of it in my channel where I talk about its design, philosophy behind it, its negatives and positives, driving and handling etc. I hope this community finds it interesting. I'd also like to hear from the longer time owners about how they like the car.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 AM

2007 E63 Amg
I had had a GLC 300 for 2 days recently. I should say that the engine and transmission combo and the way they've been programmed together in GLB 250 is much more pleasant, responsive, and quick than in GLC.

What's up with the doors, though? Several people confirmed in the comments that the doors in GLB are hard to close.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:56 AM
BoU

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLB
Heh. I can also confirm that with the doors. I keep doing it. It’s clearly caused by the double sealing they have there to prevent road noise.
The following users liked this post:
Rovel (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 09:58 AM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by BoU
Heh. I can also confirm that with the doors. I keep doing it. It’s clearly caused by the double sealing they have there to prevent road noise.
Thanks! Double sealing isn’t something new and MB is not a company that was created yesterday. They should have done it properly. MB isn’t the same as 20 years ago
Old 06-09-2020, 10:00 AM
BoU

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLB
Was also thinking that it could improve over time because the Rubber foam Is brand new.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:13 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by BoU
Was also thinking that it could improve over time because the Rubber foam Is brand new.
Do you experience any improvements? I asked a service manager at the local MB dealership today about the doors. He said that he saw customers coming back and asking them to check the doors quite often, and each time they tell them they work as designed, because there is no service bulletin or anything.