GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Jerky Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250
Jerky Transmission

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that their transmission is really jerky, especially when starting from a full stop. When I first drive away from my home after the vehicle has sat overnight it is particularly jerky, but it pretty does it after every stop now. It's like there's a surge of power no matter if I try to go easy or accelerate a little harder. I was able to drive my sister's GLB250 this weekend and noticed that her vehicle accelerates much smoother. She has the basically the same vehicle and we purchased at about the same time. If you have experienced this, have you found a remedy? Thank you.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
GLB, GLA
Gotta go back to your MB dealership and get the transmission reprogrammed!! Or the trans fluid level checked.

Originally Posted by donquixote
I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that their transmission is really jerky, especially when starting from a full stop. When I first drive away from my home after the vehicle has sat overnight it is particularly jerky, but it pretty does it after every stop now. It's like there's a surge of power no matter if I try to go easy or accelerate a little harder. I was able to drive my sister's GLB250 this weekend and noticed that her vehicle accelerates much smoother. She has the basically the same vehicle and we purchased at about the same time. If you have experienced this, have you found a remedy? Thank you.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:14 PM

2020 glb250
Same here. Watched a YouTube review on this vehicle and that was one of the things mentioned. Something about the turbo "being confused" and kicking in. I live in brooklyn,NY with lights on each corner. During rush hour, im cruising 3mph and the car jerks and feels like it wants to speed away lol
Old 08-05-2021, 05:59 PM

GLB
Late reply, I’m driving a new 2021 GLB and it’s so jerky. It’s making me crazy. Has anyone found a workaround? I automatically shut off start/stop when I start the car and try to drive in Eco as it’s slightly better than driving in Comfort for jerkiness.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:37 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300 2022 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
I've noticed it being jerky when I'm in stop and go traffic on the highway. I've found that switching to Sport mode helps, as the car tends to hold onto the gear longer before switching. That seems to work well when when your in stop and go traffic and going between a complete stop and 15 mph.
The following users liked this post:
AtlantaM (08-06-2021)