GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

AC / Heat not blowing air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB
AC / Heat not blowing air

For the first 5 minutes after starting the car, front dashboard and back seat center vents are not blowing cold/hot air when AC or Heat is turned on. Only the driver and passenger side vents (near the windows) as well as the bottom vents would blow cold/ hot air. We tested the vents during the day and night; where temperature range from cold to moderate. Anyone else experience this issue? Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:13 AM

Received 178 Likes on 139 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
It's pretty normal for any newer model cars not to turn fan on when the temperature is cold outside, until the engine is worm enough to provide that heat. Otherwise you will get just cold air blowing in.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB
Originally Posted by Vladimir Livson
It's pretty normal for any newer model cars not to turn fan on when the temperature is cold outside, until the engine is worm enough to provide that heat. Otherwise you will get just cold air blowing in.
For clarification, there is zero air coming out from the middle vents for the first minute or two when we turn on the AC and not the heater. However, there is air blowing from the side vents. This does not seem normal for any new model cars. This happens regardless if its cold or hot outside and/or if the car is parked in the garage. The temperature here in Southern California has been moderate; therefore, the temperature is not a factor.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLB250
Wondering if you ever resolved this, I get the same behavior. I work out before work, so frequently I get in and turn the fan up to 7 and the cooled seats on, and while I have only had the vehicle for 2 months, it seems that I get very long delays before I get air from the central dash vents. As the OP stated, the outer dash vents blow corresponding to the fan setting, but I get nothing from center or rear seat vents. Also I notice that after several minutes, the diverter can be heard moving air to the defroster duct, then eventually down to the center 3 on the dash, but it is as long as 5 minutes some times. This usually happens only on a cold start, but it has happened with ambient temps ranging from 75 down to about 60, so not cold as my garage is heated. I did stop at dealer, and they said it usually takes a seconds for the diverter to direct air, but they asked me to log when it is happening and then come back with the log. I do not use Auto as my preference is mix of dash vents and footwell, and Auto never does that, so I have manually selected those 2 in the menu. This is a new behavior as for the first 6 weeks, I would get in and turn fan up to 7 when it was hot out, and car would immediately blow air from the center vents with no delay.
The following users liked this post:
davmil2002 (05-30-2023)