GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

MBUX Shuffle all USB music question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB
MBUX Shuffle all USB music question

Hi, still getting used to the MBUX system. I have a usb drive filled with my music which works pretty well with MBUX commands but I’m stumped on one thing.

When I’m listening to a song within a playlist, how do I exit out of the playlist and shuffle all tracks on the usb drive? I’ve tried the commands “shuffle play”, “play random music”, “random track list on”, “random playback on”. These don’t work or they shuffle the songs on the current playlist, not returning me to all songs on the usb drive.

Do I have to make a playlist of all my music and then direct MBUX to shuffle that playlist?

thanks!
Old 10-31-2023, 08:23 PM

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by AtlantaM
Hi, still getting used to the MBUX system. I have a usb drive filled with my music which works pretty well with MBUX commands but I’m stumped on one thing.

When I’m listening to a song within a playlist, how do I exit out of the playlist and shuffle all tracks on the usb drive? I’ve tried the commands “shuffle play”, “play random music”, “random track list on”, “random playback on”. These don’t work or they shuffle the songs on the current playlist, not returning me to all songs on the usb drive.

Do I have to make a playlist of all my music and then direct MBUX to shuffle that playlist?

thanks!
I notice a few questions about this topic - how to make MBUX media play random tracks (shuffle) - and no clear answers, or even no answers at all . In COMAND, using songs on an SD card it was simple. Have you solved this problem, and would you share with the rest of us.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB
Originally Posted by Cao Black
I notice a few questions about this topic - how to make MBUX media play random tracks (shuffle) - and no clear answers, or even no answers at all . In COMAND, using songs on an SD card it was simple. Have you solved this problem, and would you share with the rest of us.

I haven’t found any solutions. I just use CarPlay all the time now.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE 450e
Solution I use

To shuffle play the whole drive, I do this: Go to the media screen and select "Folders". It will first let you pick a drive if you have multiple drives mounted. Then pick any folder (artist for me) and pick a random song. Play that song and turn on shuffle. If you didn't really want to listen to that song you started with, just go forward to the next song.

Not only is this the only way I have found, but it also the only way I have found of selecting which drive I am listening to.

Still investigating this: if multiple drives are mounted, does shuffle span them, or only the drive you started on? I ask because just today, I swear the shuffle feature shuffled me onto my dash cam drive.