GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Driver screen went black and loud MBUX system noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB
Driver screen went black and loud MBUX system noise

Hello, new to this forum and also new owner of a MB car.

Recently bought a new GLB 220D and have experienced many occasions that the driver screen behind the steering wheel failed to turn on and stayed black when I start ed the car. The other entertainment touch screen was working normal and the car engine can be turned on and can be driven as normal. Just the driver screen stayed black throughout. I find that I have to turn off the car or lock the car, wait 2-5 minutes for the MBUX system to completely power off and then unlock or press the start button, only then the driver screen can be turned on as normal.

Also, I notice that whenever the MBUX system is on, there is always a loud fan-like and electric pulse-like noise coming from behind the steering wheel. The noise level is so loud that can be heard even after turning on the radio or the engine.

I have already taken the car to the dealer once, they said the noise is 'normal' and they updated the software to resolve the black screen issue. However that didn't work. I still experience black screen from time to time.

Have anyone had similar experience with the black screen and the high level of noise in you car?

Any advice of the cause and solution?