2021 GLB 250 door open and locking issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 02:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2021 GLB 250
2021 GLB 250 door open and locking issue

Hi,

Just took delivery of this car. Tried searching but didn't find anything yet. The door closing is a bit awkward on the vehicle. You need to really give it a good
smack in order for them to close properly. Front doors seem a bit easier than back. My problem is that when the rear door is not fully closed (any door really), there
seems to be no indication of it. I would expect that if I tried to lock the car it should not allow it. But it does allow to lock the car, with even mirrors folding
down. So you walk away from the car thinking all is good, meanwhile the door is not closed ! Is there any fix for this ? I mean, to either not allowing locking
the car or giving some audible notification about it ? Connectme app also does not send any notifications about it, even though when you check the status
it does show the door not being closed. This seems very basic so hoping there is just some sort of setting this can be adjusted with ?

Thanks !
The following 3 users liked this post by n3tdude:
Alan Chicago (07-05-2021), Benzgurl#1 (07-07-2021), cshlain1961 (07-17-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 08:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 GLB AMG 35
Welcome!! I have the AMG 35. "Doors Too Tight" Have to slam". is the post from a few months ago that talks about this as well. they all require a good slam to close. I always wait until everyone is out of the car and i'm the last door to "slam" the door shut. I have found that I am unable to lock the doors when one is slightly open. I think it's the air pressure or something. If you happen to crack a window a bit you'l notice that it's earlier to close. I always wonder on the "soft close" doors on other MB models, if the motors have to work extra hard to get those doors closed! ??
The following users liked this post:
Benzgurl#1 (07-07-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 06:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
GLB 250
I noticed this too. What is the fix for this?
Old 07-07-2021, 06:17 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by Alan Chicago
Welcome!! I have the AMG 35. "Doors Too Tight" Have to slam". is the post from a few months ago that talks about this as well. they all require a good slam to close. I always wait until everyone is out of the car and i'm the last door to "slam" the door shut. I have found that I am unable to lock the doors when one is slightly open. I think it's the air pressure or something. If you happen to crack a window a bit you'l notice that it's earlier to close. I always wonder on the "soft close" doors on other MB models, if the motors have to work extra hard to get those doors closed! ??
Well, that is my main problem, still being able to "lock" the car while one of the doors might not be fully closed. You indicated you cannot lock
your car in that situation, in my case I can still "lock" it, albeit how good is it of one door is not closed I do not understand.

I now have possible issue of parking in public space and leaving the door open because it just does not close as easily as one would expect.
Even parking it in my driveway this way is an issue, if there is rain I can end up getting wet interior if the door is not fully closed.
Whatever the situation, I was hoping there was some way to get some notification about the door not being closed fully.

Maybe someone else might have a recommendation ?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:14 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 GLB AMG 35
Now that you know the doors don't close as easily as expected then the best way to make sure the doors are closed, is to look at the door before you leave the car. If it doesn't close the first time, try again until it does. Otherwise, the Mercedesme APP always tells you when a door, window, hood, trunk is open, like when I took it in yesterday to have the windows tinted. I kept getting messages on the APP telling me exactly what doors and windows were open or closed. And its almost instant notification.
Good luck.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250 , C350, CLK 430
I have the ‘honk’ turned on when I lock. If the door is open it will close the mirrors etc, but it won’t honk. Saved me a couple times.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:17 PM

2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by PhilB2020
I have the ‘honk’ turned on when I lock. If the door is open it will close the mirrors etc, but it won’t honk. Saved me a couple times.
That's a good one, I need to look into the settings and see where this option exists. Expecting the "honk" would be helpful here. Thanks !