2022 GLB 250 Hermes Reset Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250 4MATIC
2022 GLB 250 Hermes Reset Question

Good evening,

Purchased a GLB 250 last week and the dealer setup the Mercedes connect app but the services are stuck in ‘activation in progress.’ I called Mercedes Tuesday and opened a ticket. They never got back to me so today I called and they said,

Please take your car to a MB workshop and advise the workshop to perform an initial startup of the HERMES module.
In case this does not solve the issue please advise the workshop to create a PTSS case with a control unit log file of the HERMES module.

Is this something I can do at home? Our dealer is roughly 40 mins away so we aren’t sure if these is a simple reset or something. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 12-11-2021, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 466 Likes on 382 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
Originally Posted by JCGLB
Good evening,

Purchased a GLB 250 last week and the dealer setup the Mercedes connect app but the services are stuck in ‘activation in progress.’ I called Mercedes Tuesday and opened a ticket. They never got back to me so today I called and they said,

Please take your car to a MB workshop and advise the workshop to perform an initial startup of the HERMES module.
In case this does not solve the issue please advise the workshop to create a PTSS case with a control unit log file of the HERMES module.

Is this something I can do at home? Our dealer is roughly 40 mins away so we aren’t sure if these is a simple reset or something. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you.
This has to be done in XENTRY, which unless you’ve been servicing Mercedes Benz vehicles you probably don’t have. From what I can see, the unit has to be shut down and restarted. The process takes about ˝ hour once the car gets into the workbay, excluding any troubleshooting they will try to do.

If you have questions about the process call your dealer and discuss the instructions from Mercedes. Mercedes Customer Satisfaction usually contacts the selling dealer with the same information they give you. You paid a premium to get a Mercedes Benz and you should expect the same in return.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:45 AM

GLB 250 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Odd Piggy
This has to be done in XENTRY, which unless you’ve been servicing Mercedes Benz vehicles you probably don’t have. From what I can see, the unit has to be shut down and restarted. The process takes about ˝ hour once the car gets into the workbay, excluding any troubleshooting they will try to do.

If you have questions about the process call your dealer and discuss the instructions from Mercedes. Mercedes Customer Satisfaction usually contacts the selling dealer with the same information they give you. You paid a premium to get a Mercedes Benz and you should expect the same in return.
thank you very much for the info! I think this whole issue stems from when we bought the car they were setting up all the features and connect me app on my phone then we told them midway that it should go on my wife’s phone. There was somewhere I saw in my account that the vin didn’t correlate with my account or something.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thank you very much for the info! I think this whole issue stems from when we bought the car they were setting up all the features and connect me app on my phone then we told them midway that it should go on my wife’s phone. There was somewhere I saw in my account that the vin didn’t correlate with my account or something.
The electronics are getting complex in the extreme. I refer to our GLB as a cell phone on wheels. We had the same requirement when we setting up ours for the first time, but it didn’t cause a problem. Our dealer has a dedicated rep to help with the in car technology - no charge, walk-ins okay. Maybe yours has one, too. But they have to get that HERMES unit running because it is the central point for everything electronic - all outgoing and incoming communications like OTA updates, collision notification, SOS button, GPS location, active navigation, and more. I feel like they shouldn’t have let you leave until the setup was complete. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
hammerniski (05-15-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:11 AM

a class
Good evening,

Thank you.
Hi, has your issue been sorted??
Old 05-13-2022, 04:27 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
Is the Hermes part of the MBUX system, or do older MB models without MBUX have the Hermes module?
Old 05-13-2022, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by skullbox15
Is the Hermes part of the MBUX system, or do older MB models without MBUX have the Hermes module?
HERMES (Hardware for Remote Mobility & Emergency Services) predates MBUX (NTG 6.0). It goes back at least as far as 2015.