GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Interior Accessories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 07:59 AM

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
I got mine when I was on vacation and installed it yesterday. It fits good on outside, but it is not a full match inside, eg open areas near cup holders and opening area is smaller on the cell phone charging area. The leather matches to palm rest leather.

Originally Posted by Vladimir Livson
Just curious if anyone considered or purchases simulated leather panel trim cover for the middle console? Not a big fan of piano black and the panel looks pretty good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...26392e0ei0dhFG
Old 09-09-2022, 09:28 AM

Received 174 Likes on 137 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
It looks good. Much better than piano black.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:09 PM

After the leather console piece, I ordered the carbon fiber dash piece to cover the piano black. Then the action continued as I changed the console to carbon fiber as well. The leather console piece edges opened up after a month as the glue was not strong. Also I needed to cut the space for the buttons that covered at one side.... It easily pulled out from its place with no problems. Also I added to the door too... The new set up:

Top portion of dash at right is OEM carbon fiber, bottom is plastic imitation with carbon fiber finish

Top part is OEM carbon fiber, bottom plastic imitation carbon fiber finish. It shows the difference more as side by side vs the dash pieces at 90 degree angle...

Old 11-02-2022, 03:30 PM

I am partial to wood look myself. Unfortunately, all door trim pieces that I saw on Aliexpress, Ebay or Amazon are made for Chinese market and do not have openings for seat memory.
I was thinking just vinyl wrapping these panels. All light wood wrap looks too fake, so I ordered a darker one. If it comes out Ok, I will post pictures.

P.S. I see you also got touch pad cover. How's that working out?
Old 11-02-2022, 03:45 PM

I agree with the wood. GLK has a very nice wood trim that I wish MB has continued to use... My GLB came with carbon fiber finish, but the carbon fiber even didn't cover the whole surfaces. mostly black piano finish... I also ordered the carbon fiber vinyl wrapping, but vinyl has different finish pattern compared to both OEM carbon fiber/plastic pieces... OEM carbon fiber for seat memory sections came with the car... I saw the wood trim pieces made out of plastic in ebay/aliexpress also, but I don't know how they will look like installed in the car.

Touch pad is working good, but its color looks a little yellowish. I was wondering about other color options on that...

I am partial to wood look myself. Unfortunately, all door trim pieces that I saw on Aliexpress, Ebay or Amazon are made for Chinese market and do not have openings for seat memory.
I was thinking just vinyl wrapping these panels. All light wood wrap looks too fake, so I ordered a darker one. If it comes out Ok, I will post pictures.

P.S. I see you also got touch pad cover. How's that working out?
Old 11-04-2022, 03:20 PM

I wrapped the door and front panels. It came out Ok. Front panel does not look as good as doors.
I just could not stand the stock plastic look. And could not find aftermarket panel that would fit the the car with memory seats and heat.
I still have some wrap left. I might redo the front panel.

After

Before

After

After

Beofore
Old 11-04-2022, 05:17 PM

Doors look good... I saw these in ebay for the dash:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185465796967

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394192477139

I wrapped the door and front panels. It came out Ok. Front panel does not look as good as doors.
I just could not stand the stock plastic look. And could not find aftermarket panel that would fit the the car with memory seats and heat.
I still have some wrap left. I might redo the front panel.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:24 PM

I have seen those, however I did not want to buy without door panels, which are not available.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
I just got my GLB last week and am loving it so far! I have purchased a center console tray/organizer, a key fob cover ( to protect it from getting scratched), a Weathertech cargo mat with bumper protector, and Drop Stop (which goes in that tiny space between the seat and the console) and prevents your phone or anything else from falling down in the abyss. Oh and I also purchased the same mouse pad cover as shown above.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:44 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
they look good....what did you use....how did you fit them?... do they need cutting?...are they a simple fit...I would only be happy if they were as neat as yours!
Old 11-08-2022, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by davidwfaulkner
they look good....what did you use....how did you fit them?... do they need cutting?...are they a simple fit...I would only be happy if they were as neat as yours!
Were the questions directed to my comment or other memeber?
Old 11-08-2022, 07:17 AM
Banned

.....to the person who fitted the "wood" trims
Old 11-08-2022, 07:41 AM

After looking for the wood trim panels over a year I gave up and used vinyl wrap instead.

As Serhan stated above (he included some links to these trim panels), you can purchase ABS molded trim panels that come with double sided tape from Ebay, Amazon, and Aliexpress, Aliexpress being the cheapest. You can certainly find brown wood trim for passenger and driver side front panels, center console (as long as you car has a sliding door over the cup holders (I think EU, UK and China markets have that option), however when it come to door panels, everything I saw will not fit memory seat options. At one point I was even thinking of applying zebra wood veneer over aftermarket ABS panels, but again I could not find door panels that would would fit my car. So after a year of looking, I just gave up and went the vinyl wrap option.
Vinyl has a self adhesive backing and is manipulated by applying small amount of heat with a heat gun. It is a very finicky process as too much heat and it becomes too glossy ( I had to redo my front trim), and sometimes you can trap air and need to make a small puncture to release the bubble. Once you fit it, you have to cut around it. If you cutting between plastics there is no issue, however on the bottom of the door panels you will need to cut between plastic and synthetic leather which is tricky (you could cut the leather).
Old 11-08-2022, 07:49 AM
Banned

Thanks... I dont think I will bother!
Old 09-30-2023, 03:31 PM

Found an aftermarket sunglass holder on AliExpress that fits GLB. Due to the depth of the headliner pocket it only opens half way, but it's still usable and better than alternative in my opinion. Will see how long it lasts.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:32 AM

I might have solved my center console creaking when leaning with the knee. I got a $7 knee rest from Amazon. So far so good. The creaking was annoying.

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-02-2024, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swift
Gel Seat Cushion

Best Gel seat cushions offer a range of benefits, making them a popular choice for enhancing comfort during long periods of sitting. Some of the key benefits include:
  1. Superior Comfort: Gel seat cushions provide plush cushioning and support, reducing pressure points and alleviating discomfort during extended periods of sitting.
  2. Pressure Relief: The gel material evenly distributes body weight, reducing pressure on the hips, tailbone, and lower back, which can help alleviate pain and discomfort.
  3. Temperature Regulation: Gel seat cushions offer a cooling effect, helping to regulate body temperature and keep you comfortable, especially during hot weather or in vehicles with leather upholstery.
  4. Improved Posture: By promoting proper spinal alignment, gel seat cushions can help reduce strain on the back muscles and prevent fatigue, leading to better overall posture.
  5. Versatility: Gel seat cushions are versatile accessories that can be used in various settings, including cars, office chairs, wheelchairs, and more, providing comfort wherever you need it most.