GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

GLB 250 system speaker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glb250
GLB 250 system speaker

Hi everyone, i just bought GLB 250 , i just notice the speaker on the third row sit is not working ,?? Is it normally like that ? Or you have to pay extra to upgrade this speaker.?thank

Last edited by Divadtri; 01-01-2022 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,963 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Did you use a tool (gently) and pry open the cover and see if there is a speaker inside?

The W205 C 300 loaners I have that doesn't have burmester, the middle speaker on top of the dash is just a cover for example.
The following users liked this post:
Divadtri (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 06:30 PM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
I just checked mine, and even though there is a speaker cover in the third row, no sound coming out of it. I suspect it is only functional if you car has a third row seats option, otherwise it is just a cover without a speaker. Mine is a 5 seater so it makes sense.
Divadtri (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:44 PM

Glb250
Originally Posted by Vladimir Livson
I just checked mine, and even though there is a speaker cover in the third row, no sound coming out of it. I suspect it is only functional if you car has a third row seats option, otherwise it is just a cover without a speaker. Mine is a 5 seater so it makes sense.
mine i have third row seat but still non functional even i don’t hear any sound there , i didn’t check yet the center speaker on the dashboard, because since lately in Quebec we have curfew 10pm to 5 am all stores is mostly close so we didn’t go out much .Is it can easy install by yourself if there don’t haven’t it?
Old 01-01-2022, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Divadtri
mine i have third row seat but still non functional even i don’t hear any sound there , i didn’t check yet the center speaker on the dashboard, because since lately in Quebec we have curfew 10pm to 5 am all stores is mostly close so we didn’t go out much .Is it can easy install by yourself if there don’t haven’t it?
Try to go into sound settings to see if it shows 3rd row speakers. Otherwise the covers might be for Burmester option. Burmester gets you 12 speakers.
Divadtri (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 08:39 PM

I checked my car and unfortunately settings do not show any speakers. I found Burmester description for GLB and those are shown as surround speakers (see link below). So I am guessing those are only exist with Burmester option.

https://www.burmester.de/en/Automotive/GLB/
Divadtri (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 09:52 PM

Glb250
I checked my car and unfortunately settings do not show any speakers. I found Burmester description for GLB and those are shown as surround speakers (see link below). So I am guessing those are only exist with Burmester option.

https://www.burmester.de/en/Automotive/GLB/
i think is cheap went buy well know brand then you have pay more a little extra for it .is there but is it not install on it unless you pay it . Mine i buy my car a Mercedes dealer as demo because i was need a new car with 7 seats since i just sold my Audi q5 so i need a new car . I dont have any much choice there only two with third row , i dont want to wait long either to built one ,some my friend who order new car wait more then 1 ,5 years still not get the car yet , even my demo is still missing the for Gps Starter for Mercedes me App thing there don’t have yet to install it.so at the end you have 12 speaker inside the car i think the but only 4 only is working the others is like decoration not functional feel really cheap ,is better there dont put in these speakers spots but you can’t use it.
Old 01-01-2022, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Divadtri
i think is cheap went buy well know brand then you have pay more a little extra for it .is there but is it not install on it unless you pay it . Mine i buy my car a Mercedes dealer as demo because i was need a new car with 7 seats since i just sold my Audi q5 so i need a new car . I dont have any much choice there only two with third row , i dont want to wait long either to built one ,some my friend who order new car wait more then 1 ,5 years still not get the car yet , even my demo is still missing the for Gps Starter for Mercedes me App thing there don’t have yet to install it.so at the end you have 12 speaker inside the car i think the but only 4 only is working the others is like decoration not functional feel really cheap ,is better there dont put in these speakers spots but you can’t use it.
From what I could tell, there are only 6 speakers that come with a standard GLB (4 doors and 2 in A pillars). Financially it makes sense for any car manufacturer to make a "boiler plate" parts that would fit all trims vs. make it individually. I am totally happy with base sound systems. I saw a lot of complaining from people with Burmester system. But I have to agree, there are too many options in MB cars that should be standard.
Divadtri (01-01-2022)
Old 06-18-2023, 09:42 PM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
From what I could tell, there are only 6 speakers that come with a standard GLB (4 doors and 2 in A pillars). Financially it makes sense for any car manufacturer to make a "boiler plate" parts that would fit all trims vs. make it individually. I am totally happy with base sound systems. I saw a lot of complaining from people with Burmester system. But I have to agree, there are too many options in MB cars that should be standard.
so base is better than burmester?
Old 06-19-2023, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveNY
so base is better than burmester?
I cannot tell since I did not experience Burmester, however I would say that expectation is everything. I would imagine that Burmester on E or S class is not on the same level as A, B, or C classes, therefore for an entry level MB the difference between Base and Burmester might not be much. More speakers, amplifier and subwoofer, however if the range of additional speakers is the same as base, how much more quality do you get for your money? Lot's of complaining associated with old Harman Kardon sound system used on older MB models were significantly better then current Burmester system, so if you used to better, you get automatically disappointed.
Odd Piggy (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 417 Likes on 343 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
… expectation is everything….
The source material also makes a major difference.
‘03 E Class — Harmon Kardon. CD sounded pretty good. Radio was terrible.
‘05 ML — Bose with noise cancellation. Concert hall sound with silent cabin, radio and CD.
’13 C Class — Harmon Kardon. SXM radio sounds very good. Radio somewhat better than ‘03 E Class.
’15 GLK — Base sound system. All it had was a radio, about equal to ‘13 C Class.
’21 GLB — Base sound system. SXM internet radio through Car Play sounds very good. Radio almost as bad as ‘03 E Class.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:16 PM

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
Base system comes with 6 speakers. Bermester comes with 590 Watt 12 speakers. The problem with Burmester explained here:

https://w205audio.wordpress.com/2016...omment-page-1/

W205 Burmester Deficiencies: No True Woofers, Too Many Midrange Speakers, Inadequate EQ controls.

Most of the deficiencies in the W205 Burmester result from a lack of a full-range array of speakers, inexpensive components used for the speakers it does have, and tuning deficiencies created by the equalization scheme necessary to compensate. In short, the Burmester lacks any conventional woofers necessary to accurately reproduce the mid-bass range, which is what woofers do best. Additionally, the speakers that do exist are flimsy and cheap. (There are no “Burmester” components in the W205 Burmester system. Burmester was responsible for designing and tuning using existing off-the-shelf parts from other manufacturers, a common practice in branded premium car audio systems.)

The W205 Burmester is essentially a sub/sat design, much like those all-in-one, “home theater in a box packages” that rely on a bass module for the lows and a bunch of little satellite speakers for everything else. Inexpensive and space efficient but not ideal.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:43 PM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
I find my w205 burmester on my GLC better and has more bass than my x167 GLS burmester.

While shopping for a CPO GLB, I find very few cars have the burmester