GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Trim swap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250
Trim swap?

My GLB came with the spiral trim, which I don’t especially care for (it looks cheap). Has anyone ever had any luck swapping the spiral trim for the wood trim? I’d like to go with the black Lindenwood trim. It’s an inexpensive build option, but I didn’t order mine- I bought a new one off the lot. Not sure of what part numbers I would need, or how difficult the swap would be. I’m included to think a local interior shop could do it for way less than the dealer.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:26 AM

Received 178 Likes on 139 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
I have the same complaint, my car came with spiral trim. However swapping the trim panels are not that easy. Door panels have to come off for the side panels and aluminum and front vent piano black panel has to come off for the front passenger panel. Your best bet is to buy a self adhesive panel similar to one below. Unfortunately, when it comes to door panels, non are sold to accommodate both seat memory and heating functions. I am hoping that soon enough they will start making these panels to accommodate US optioned cars.

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-11-2022, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250
Glad to hear I’m not the only one. This isn’t something I would attempt to DIY. Depending on parts cost, I would consider having a trim shop do it. I did just order the leather-look center console cover from Alie. The piano black is SO difficult to keep free of prints/dust.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 851 Likes on 545 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Another sign of an idiot is writing an essay that the intended recipient is not going to read.