GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

MBUX was very laggy & not responsive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLB 200
MBUX was very laggy & not responsive

Hey everyone. I purchased the car a month ago and the MBUX has been running well until a few days ago.

It showed the normal screen when first starting the car. However, all the touch controls, the touchpad, and everything else were not working. Plugged my phone to run Android Auto, but it took forever and showed only a blank screen. Plugged it off, and it took like 5 minutes to get out of that blank screen. You get the point, it was VERY slow to operate. I turned the car off and re-entered, the infotainment seemed to work normally again. While yesterday it was fine, it did it again this morning and I had to turn the car off again and re-entered it to get it working again.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Do I need to reset the MBUX in my car?

The only changes I had recently were a brand new USB C cable and a new software update for the communication module (installed from OTA).

Old 10-29-2023, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
MB has been pushing updates to MBUX units recently, having switched their local services backend from HERE to Google's Cloud Services. And, yes, I had the black screen once last week and again late this morning (PDT), I'm assuming that the system had updates pushed OTA. The black screen bit lasted about 4-5 minutes, no issues after the restart.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLB 200
Originally Posted by benz_driver
MB has been pushing updates to MBUX units recently, having switched their local services backend from HERE to Google's Cloud Services. And, yes, I had the black screen once last week and again late this morning (PDT), I'm assuming that the system had updates pushed OTA. The black screen bit lasted about 4-5 minutes, no issues after the restart.
Did you also lose the functionality? Mine was basically unresponsive and very slow to operate. And it restarted a few times itself after that.

If it's just because of the OTA then hopefully will fix it self
Old 10-30-2023, 05:51 PM

21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
Originally Posted by xSky
Did you also lose the functionality? Mine was basically unresponsive and very slow to operate. And it restarted a few times itself after that.

If it's just because of the OTA then hopefully will fix it self
Yes, the MBUX was pretty much useless for about 15 minutes before I stopped safely, shut off the vehicle, then restarted it - there was a black screen for about 3-4 minutes, then I got the "Start System" again and started the vehicle without issue. I haven't used the GLB today, drove my E550 instead. I'll be out in the GLB tomorrow, will report back here either way. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-30-2023, 05:59 PM

21 GLB35 07 E550 Sport
Adding, but not editing - my MM Connect app reflects an OTA update on 5/10/23, but I do know that there were two OTA updates besides that one that did install, one OTA update in August that failed to install with a subsequent dealer-installed COMM update in August that was installed plus the OTA Google Cloud Services update in late September. My point here is that I have no way of tracking what MB is pushing.