Siri overrides Hey Mercedes! Help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250 4MATIC
Exclamation Siri overrides Hey Mercedes! Help please

Hi there-
I have a 2023 GLB 250 4Matic. Everything was fine until I had the car serviced. Now, no matter if I have my iPhone plugged in for Apple Car play or if the phone is just in the car, I cannot get Hey Mercedes to work. Siri comes through instead. I have tried pushing the voice command button on the steering wheel and that just brings Siri up. Anyone have suggestions of what I should do? It's super annoying. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2023, 09:47 AM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
Typically if you are using the voice assistant button on the wheel, a quick push should bring up MBUX assistant and couple of second hold would bring up phone assistant (Siri or Google Assistant).
If you having trouble, try to disable and enable again MBUX assistant on your app or in the car settings. On the app go to "Manage Services" than to "Comfort" menu and unselect MBUX voice assistant. Start the car and pair or plug in your phone, as it typically needs to sync with your phone to update settings. Than try and select it again.
I would also try and disable Beta ChatGPT assistant if you have it on, see if it changes anything and then you can turn it back on.

I am not having this issue, but you can try these steps as a suggestion.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,568 Posts
2019 C63CS
As said above, the voice control button on the steering wheel does double duty and if you press it too long then the respective phone assistant will come up. On the iPhone this is called Siri Eyes Free and works whether the phone is connected via BT or CarPlay. The car's voice control requires just a quick press of the button. If you are not pressing it long yourself, then the button might have become sticky.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 433 Likes on 357 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
Originally Posted by BHH1103
Hi there-
I have a 2023 GLB 250 4Matic. Everything was fine until I had the car serviced. Now, no matter if I have my iPhone plugged in for Apple Car play or if the phone is just in the car, I cannot get Hey Mercedes to work. Siri comes through instead. I have tried pushing the voice command button on the steering wheel and that just brings Siri up. Anyone have suggestions of what I should do? It's super annoying. Thanks!
It might be Siri and your iPhone. To test this, leave the iPhone in the house and try “Hey Mercedes.” If that works right, try disabling Siri on your iPhone and deleting its data. Then re-enable it and retrain using your voice. Then try both “ Hey Siri” and “Hey Mercedes” in the GLB. They should both respond correctly.
OR
If you have an Apple Watch, the “Hey Siri” on it could be the culprit. The raise to speak function could be activated if you use the 10&2 hand position on the wheel. That happened to my wife.
OR
The microphone sensitivity can be set in Dealer Mode. It may have been reset lower during service. There is probably a way to check and reset it yourself, but I don’t like getting in there because some settings are critical to the vehicle operation. Express Service should be able to check that for you quickly.