GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

GLB 1.3 vibration @ 1900rpm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 200
GLB 1.3 vibration @ 1900rpm

I get a vibration when car is at 1900 revs. It appears its just at the point before it changes gear.
At last service I pointed out it had a vibration at 1900 rpm and they kept car overnight to run diagnostics on the gearbox but found nothing.
Also the engine management light had come up a few times but when I told them they replied that nothing was stored on the ECU !!!!!
However today the light has come up again and performance is down I guess this is some sort of limp mode.
Old 04-14-2024, 02:10 PM

GLB 200d (2020)
Well, not directly related to your vibration, but I got very strange behaviour from tmy car (GLB 200d 2020 model), all kind of errors, camera obstructed, radar not working, coming on and off randomly, at least once every day if not more than that some days.
Then one day, after all this errors, car went in the limb mode so max speed 100km/h and max rev 2000 rpm. Stop engine, start engine and it recovered. All looked ok.
Went to dealer and complained (car is under warranty), they told that there is no error in the ecu, all is fine....well, I had pictures of all the erros so I told them that I don't give a rat *** if there are errors recorded or not, but I have plenty of pictures and witness to prove them, including the limb mode.
So they kept my car for a day and conclusion was that the steering wheel axl with all the steering wheel contacts and the left side steering wheel buttons and the camera where malfunctioning. They ordered the parts from Germany and replaced them all, it took three visits to service and some pictures to convince them that I'm not joking. So go there and tell them to look as limb mode is not a good thing and something for sure is broken.
About the vibration, I had in the past a B-Class 180 CDI with CVT that was vibrating on idle and could not keep constant rev when idling, result was some broken "black box" between engine and gear box. Three days they worked on the car to replace it as engine and gear box needed to be removed. All this under warranty so just be insistent. That vibration is not out of nowhere. There is a cause. I hope that you will get it fixed.

Last edited by ninjutzu; 04-14-2024 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:44 AM

GLB 200
Originally Posted by ninjutzu
Well, not directly related to your vibration, but I got very strange behaviour from tmy car (GLB 200d 2020 model), all kind of errors, camera obstructed, radar not working, coming on and off randomly, at least once every day if not more than that some days.
Then one day, after all this errors, car went in the limb mode so max speed 100km/h and max rev 2000 rpm. Stop engine, start engine and it recovered. All looked ok.
Went to dealer and complained (car is under warranty), they told that there is no error in the ecu, all is fine....well, I had pictures of all the erros so I told them that I don't give a rat *** if there are errors recorded or not, but I have plenty of pictures and witness to prove them, including the limb mode.
So they kept my car for a day and conclusion was that the steering wheel axl with all the steering wheel contacts and the left side steering wheel buttons and the camera where malfunctioning. They ordered the parts from Germany and replaced them all, it took three visits to service and some pictures to convince them that I'm not joking. So go there and tell them to look as limb mode is not a good thing and something for sure is broken.
About the vibration, I had in the past a B-Class 180 CDI with CVT that was vibrating on idle and could not keep constant rev when idling, result was some broken "black box" between engine and gear box. Three days they worked on the car to replace it as engine and gear box needed to be removed. All this under warranty so just be insistent. That vibration is not out of nowhere. There is a cause. I hope that you will get it fixed.
Thanks for reply, after 2 days with engine light up it cleared and all back to normal.
Spoke to manager at another MB dealership who replied that if fault shows up ECU should register it.
Even though the other dealer couldn't see anything !
He is going to investigate my car and hopefully find issue.
The vibration is there when I'm in D3 and doing 23mph and revs are at 1900rpm, but got to be on a flat road to feel it.