GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Truck backed into my car, should I get it checked?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
Truck backed into my car, should I get it checked?

A ford truck backed into my parked car and hit its front bumper. It was a loud noise but there is no visible damage. I took my car to mercedes dealership and they said the same there is no visible damage but I can take my car to MBWork for an internal check up. Should I still get my car checked internally? It is a hassle to get the car internally checked as MBWorks say they'll have to keep the car for 2 days and i'll have to rent a car for daily use!

Last edited by Ruchieka; 04-15-2024 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 514 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
does everything work?

look for cracks in plastic on back side maybe?

Hard for me to judge not seeing the accident.

but I am sure the MB dealership was looking for something to be wrong so they could repair and make $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-15-2024, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
Originally Posted by ygmn
does everything work?

look for cracks in plastic on back side maybe?

Hard for me to judge not seeing the accident.

but I am sure the MB dealership was looking for something to be wrong so they could repair and make $$$$$$$$$$$$
Everything working, nothing wrong, just a very small dent on the front dumper hardly visible to naked eye.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 355 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
Originally Posted by Ruchieka
Everything working, nothing wrong, just a very small dent on the front dumper hardly visible to naked eye.
Parking sensors okay, if you have them?
How about front collision sensor and all driving and daytime running lights?
We did similar after getting hit by a Ram pickup when ours was new. All they found was some minor misalignment of trim, which we decided wasn’t worth even trying to repair. We use our cars and SUVs daily for carrying people and materials on roads that may not be first class. Now 3 years and 60k miles later, it’s not even visible among all the other wear and tear.
I can’t tell you what to do, but if your GLB drives okay, everything works, and the steering doesn’t pull to one side or the other, it’s probably okay. But if it’s your garage baby, kept flawless and used only for weekends and shows (most GLBs aren’t), maybe you want to have it checked on a frame machine then restored to factory fresh condition.