GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

GLB options & details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 04:05 PM

GLB options & details

Hello, I'm a long time reader that's been thinking of upgrading from my old sedan to a new SUV and have been eyeing the GLB250 4Matic. I don't exactly have disposable income so I want to make sure that every option that I choose (especially if there's added cost) has a real benefit to it. This is a long list that I've come up with from my extensive research in these forums and elsewhere so please forgive me but any thoughts (especially from personal experience and not just conceptual understanding) would be highly appreciated! Please feel free to only comment on just one point at a time.
  • Black vs Cosmos black metallic
    Of course subjective but anyone that has selected Cosmos black metallic color feel it's worth the extra $750 over the standard black?
  • Comfort seats vs AMG Line sport seats
    The GLB's I've test driven were AMG Line with the sport seats and not very comfortable - anyone that have driven both types feel the comfort seats are actually more comfortable for cruising?
  • Black MBTex vs macchiato vs real leather
    I like the lighter look but am afraid maintenance would be an issue if keeping the car long term. Also, is MBTex comfortable and good for long term use or should I consider real leather for the $1000+?
  • Base sound system vs AMG Line upgraded vs Burmeister
    My wife does not want me to spend the money for the better sound system but audio quality is important to me - is the Burmeister worth the $1000+? Or is the base system perfectly fine?
  • Wireless carplay connection stability and any idiosyncracies
    I believe it's a relatively new feature for the GLB so any issues with connection stability or anything else with wireless carplay? I'm aware that it doesn't display full screen but is not a dealbreaker for me.
  • Loud cabin (wind and road) with moonroof vs without
    Anyone tried the GLB with both on the highway and notice any sound difference?
  • Worth adding hood liner with sound dampener to help with noise?
    There is an interesting thread in these forums regarding adding a dampening hood (that for some reason is not included or an official option for the GLB250) to help minimize noise - is this worth doing DIY?
    https://www.mbonlineparts.com/oem-pa...ood-2476822800
  • Noticeable difference in ride with 18 inch wheels vs 19 vs 20
    I'm looking to get the 19 inch wheels but is there a noticeable difference in terms of ride quality between these sizes?
  • Noticeable difference in ride after changing MOE tires with standard (all season)
    Some prefer the ride of the GLC over the GLB and from my understanding, the MOE tires on the GLB may be a (major?) factor. Would switching to standard tires (which would require a spare) make the ride feel a bit more like the GLC? Anyone have experience with changing the tire type on the GLB?
  • Noticeable difference in ride with adaptive damping suspension vs without (not just in theory)
    Most reviewers say if you can get the adaptive damping suspension you should but I've yet to come across anyone with a GLB250 with it that could comment on it. I've driven the GLB35 (with adaptive damping suspension standard) but the ride is just too firm for me so couldn't properly compare.
  • Dual clutch transmission issues at low speeds or auto start/stop jerkiness mentioned in earlier years without mild hybrid system
    Is the transmission smooth at low speeds now? Any issues with the transmission with cruise control on?
  • 4matic fuel efficiency
    Is fuel efficiency what you expected, especially for the 4Matic?
  • Maintenance only at dealer in your area or certified shops prevalent
    I've always gone to my local auto shop but don't think they're Mercedes certified. I realize every market is different (I'm in NYC) but is it generally not a problem to find a Mercedes certified shop or do most people have to go to their dealer for service?
  • Overall satisfaction and reliability to buy and keep for years? Any known issues to look out for?
    I think generally most GLB owners seem to love their cars but I've also seen many comments say that they likely wouldn't buy it again. Anyone have thoughts for someone like me that want to purchase to keep for a long time?
  • Worth the price?
    Lastly, with the options I want, ~$55K for an entry level vehicle, that does not include maintenance btw, seems a bit steep. Ultimately, was it at least close to worth the price for you?

Last edited by T.NYC; Yesterday at 11:45 PM.