GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC at dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
GLC at dealer

Sat in a new GLC today. Absolutely perfect and not much bigger than a GLK. Has all the luxury and features of a c class with a higher driving position and a nice cargo area. I plan on ordering one shortly. Great job Mercedes.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C400, BMW X3
They have arrived at my dealer as well

Three cars showed up today at my dealer in Northern Cal.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
8 showed up at my dealer today. One of them is mine. Picking it up tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM!
Old 11-29-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4MATIC (previously 2004 CLK CAB)
Originally Posted by shoes
Three cars showed up today at my dealer in Northern Cal.
Which dealer in Northern California has the GLC?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
One white GLC 300 4MATIC at dealership in Michigan with dealer plate, some options with total $45,345.00. Made in Bremen, Germany.

What bothers me is "All-Seasons Tires, Extended Mobility Tires" - Pirelli Scorpion Verde (Run Flat) 235/60 R18 tires.

I was hoping to have "regular" with spare tires on new GLC model, since I am not happy with my current Extended MO on 2014 GLK250. Anyways I'll be watching more closely this model when ( if ) diesel version is introduced.

Last edited by Alex Bel; 11-29-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:21 PM

Acura TL
I took one for a spin yesterday. Personal impressions:

Pro's
1) Seats are bigger and more comfortable than in an X3 or Q5
2) Far more backseat room than a Q5 and more than an X3. Headroom also. My head hits the ceiling in a Q5 backseat.
3) I feel like I'm sitting up higher than in the others
4) Driving feels great. It's a bit softer than the others, which I what I'm generally looking for.
5) The engine seemed plenty powerful, which was originally a concern for me.
6) Much better cargo space than on the GLK.

Cons'
1) The exterior to me looks like a generic SUV. It's more obviously a Mercedes from the front due to the giant MB star, but from the side or rear it does feel a bit soccer mom-ish SUV.
2) The base interior with MB Tex did not feel luxury to me. The iPad screen, the really glossy wood trim in the middle the radio/climate buttons, the doors, belts, other trim. Unfortunately I like the interior of my neighbors GLK more, but like everything design, it's a subjective personal opinion.
3) Configuration options- I sat with my dealer for 30 minutes with him getting frustrated at how many dependancies and weird configuration options are needed to make a build. For example, it took him 10 minutes to figure out that you can't order leather seats without either ordering the 3K sport package or at least adding MB Tex stitched trim to the dashboard. Getting a heated steering wheel with some other options was difficult.
Also, he originally told me that the GLC comes standard with low beam LEDs like the C class, but he later found out that this is not the case. Which brings number 4...
4) LED lights and other features beginning to become inexpensive options on non-premium brands really shoot the price up. Another example, to get the 3D surround view requires the entire parking package. Oh and you either have no sunroof or an expensive full moonroof.

Overall, excellent well rounded CUV. Can't imagine anyone is going to regret a purchase. I'm torn as to place an order or to wait and see what the new X3 and Q5 bring. Can't wait to hear other's experiences with their new GLC's this week!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C240 Sedan, 2016 GLC300
Originally Posted by nut854
I took one for a spin yesterday. Personal impressions:

Pro's
1) Seats are bigger and more comfortable than in an X3 or Q5
2) Far more backseat room than a Q5 and more than an X3. Headroom also. My head hits the ceiling in a Q5 backseat.
3) I feel like I'm sitting up higher than in the others
4) Driving feels great. It's a bit softer than the others, which I what I'm generally looking for.
5) The engine seemed plenty powerful, which was originally a concern for me.
6) Much better cargo space than on the GLK.

Cons'
1) The exterior to me looks like a generic SUV. It's more obviously a Mercedes from the front due to the giant MB star, but from the side or rear it does feel a bit soccer mom-ish SUV.
2) The base interior with MB Tex did not feel luxury to me. The iPad screen, the really glossy wood trim in the middle the radio/climate buttons, the doors, belts, other trim. Unfortunately I like the interior of my neighbors GLK more, but like everything design, it's a subjective personal opinion.
3) Configuration options- I sat with my dealer for 30 minutes with him getting frustrated at how many dependancies and weird configuration options are needed to make a build. For example, it took him 10 minutes to figure out that you can't order leather seats without either ordering the 3K sport package or at least adding MB Tex stitched trim to the dashboard. Getting a heated steering wheel with some other options was difficult.
Also, he originally told me that the GLC comes standard with low beam LEDs like the C class, but he later found out that this is not the case. Which brings number 4...
4) LED lights and other features beginning to become inexpensive options on non-premium brands really shoot the price up. Another example, to get the 3D surround view requires the entire parking package. Oh and you either have no sunroof or an expensive full moonroof.

Overall, excellent well rounded CUV. Can't imagine anyone is going to regret a purchase. I'm torn as to place an order or to wait and see what the new X3 and Q5 bring. Can't wait to hear other's experiences with their new GLC's this week!
the look was my initial thought too. I always liked the GLK, it is one of the most unique looking cars out these, resembles both the timelessness of G and contemporary balance between line and mass. But the more I look at GLC, the more i lean towards it, it has such a refined details, by a quick galance the GLC may look like a Q3, but once you put them side by side, the Q3 look dated. Same goes for the interior.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 AM

2010 ML350 Bluetec
GLC Test Drive Motor Werks Barrington (N. Illinois)

My wife and I are looking to replace our 2010 ML350 Bluetec with something a little bit smaller. Went into the dealer to look at a GLA250, and was surprised to find a GLC300 on the lot that we were able to test drive. Very nice. Was very impressed with it, and - in our short test drive - there was nothing that we didn't like about it. The GLA250 is further down our "short list" now.
Later that day, I went on line to try to configure one on the MB website - I agree that the option / upgrade choices are byzantine. MB needs to work on that. I still don't really clearly know what the final price and options are on the one I would like. I know it will be north of $50K, so I have some more saving to do.
Any ideas yet on when one with diesel will be available in USA? And then .. will Illinois bio-diesel still be an issue?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by keitha1
My wife and I are looking to replace our 2010 ML350 Bluetec with something a little bit smaller. Went into the dealer to look at a GLA250, and was surprised to find a GLC300 on the lot that we were able to test drive. Very nice. Was very impressed with it, and - in our short test drive - there was nothing that we didn't like about it. The GLA250 is further down our "short list" now.
Later that day, I went on line to try to configure one on the MB website - I agree that the option / upgrade choices are byzantine. MB needs to work on that. I still don't really clearly know what the final price and options are on the one I would like. I know it will be north of $50K, so I have some more saving to do.
Any ideas yet on when one with diesel will be available in USA? And then .. will Illinois bio-diesel still be an issue?
All MB has said is that Diesel is coming, not when though. I'd guess they want to distance themselves from the VW Diesel debacle.

Also, I read an article yesterday that in the 2017 model year a Hydrogen Fuel Cell variant will come to America with an over 350 mile capability. It will likely only be sold in California though as CA is the only state currently offering Hydrogen fill ups.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by keitha1
No idea, just hope the diesel will be available in US later in 2016.

My 2014 GLK250 selection was based on size (small SUV), performance (diesel) and price (~$40K). So far I am happy with my choice, but would like to buy another one for our family.

Since there is so big competition in small SUV segment the ONLY selling point to me for GLC is the diesel version. It's a nice looking SUV with great features, but we have around many other gasoline SUVs, so I will wait.

No way I want to start here discussion of GLC gas vs. diesel, but personally I am GLC300d buyer at this point.