GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Driver Assistance Pkg. now requires Multimedia Pkg.??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E300, 2013 Forester 2.5X Premium Plus 5-spd, 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Question Driver Assistance Pkg. now requires Multimedia Pkg.??

Hi all,

I've been following the GLC debut closely since it was first announced, and am holding out for when the diesel version is available in the US. In any case, I've spent a lot of time on the configurator building the "perfect" setup, which includes the Driver Assistance Package. Up until today, I was able to build it with Driver Assistance and all the other options I wanted, to the tune of ~$57k. Today, I built it exactly the same way, and when I select Driver Assistance, it says that Multimedia must be added as well, which bumps the price up another $2k+. I don't want or need anything in the Multimedia package. Why the sudden requirement that it needs to be added if you want Driver Assistance??

Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Check with your dealer. What the configurator does and what your dealer can do in the actual system (NetStar) are not exactly the same. Of course, since the configurator hasn't been up that long, it's possible it was an error when they opened it and they have now fixed it.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Yes - for the GLC from Day1 when opened for order entry - Distronic has required MultiMedia.

The mbusa configurator cannot reflect all the "compatibility reuirements" - however in your specific case, yes the mbusa configurator on the GLE has been becoming more accurate as we go forward - a good thing overall.

For your specific situation - I would suggest touching base and starting a foundation with a knowledgeable Client Advisor - since the they will know when order entry opens - which is several weeks before the configurator opens up.

Keep the beat !
Old 12-30-2015, 03:04 PM

Hmm...that's interesting. I'm guessing that maybe the configurator was allowing you to have Driver Assistance w/o Multimedia and then MB realized their "mistake"
Old 12-30-2015, 11:31 PM

glc
Originally Posted by Aero9ss
Hmm...that's interesting. I'm guessing that maybe the configurator was allowing you to have Driver Assistance w/o Multimedia and then MB realized their "mistake"
I have Driver's Assist Package without the Multimedia package. Wasn't a problem to chose this configuration back in September when I put in my order.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dr_swe
I have Driver's Assist Package without the Multimedia package. Wasn't a problem to chose this configuration back in September when I put in my order.
Ah...thank you! So perhaps it's still possible to order it this way when the diesel becomes available, as I'd hate to pony up the extra $2k+ for things I don't need. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!