Mercedes C W205, Previous: Mercedes ML W164
Originally Posted by Mickfx
Thanks DT1.
Np
Old 03-19-2016, 06:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cyber3d
Has anyone yet "had" to utilize the Pre-Safe Plus rear end collision prevention system? How about the BAS Plus pedestrian or cross traffic accident prevention system?
There was this one time that I was driving on the highway headed to the airport. I was driving on the faster lane (left lane). Suddenly cars in front of me started braking really hard and I felt the seat belt tighten up. Warning light turned on and the brake pedal was extremely light when I pushed it. A motorcycle and car behind me had no time to brake so they flew by on the right side. So luckely nothing happend.

You can compare it with a reaction of your face when you expect a incoming slap. Your eyes close. You face prepares for impact. I was really amazed by the system.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cyber3d
Has anyone yet "had" to utilize the Pre-Safe Plus rear end collision prevention system? How about the BAS Plus pedestrian or cross traffic accident prevention system?
There was this one time that I was driving on the highway headed to the airport. I was driving on the faster lane (left lane). Suddenly cars in front of me started braking really hard and I felt the seat belt tighten up. Warning light turned on and the brake pedal was extremely light when I pushed it. A motorcycle and car behind me had no time to brake so they flew by on the right side. So luckely nothing happend.

You can compare it with a reaction of your face when you expect a incoming slap. Your eyes close. You face prepares for impact. I was really amazed by the system.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
Have both steering assistance and distronic and loving it. Very effective in rush hours traffic.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 E450W, 2020 GLC300
DAP--Yes!

I'm an old guy, with a lots of driving experience at high speeds behind me, and I think I'm still a good driver. I love the DAP for the extra bit of safety it provides. My current 2017 GLC300 is the third Benz I've had with it, and it is a huge asset in traffic congestion where I live in So Cal. It really saved me from a collision once, when the right two lanes of traffic were stopped, backed up for a jammed off-ramp. A driver in that queue decided to pull into my lane, apparently without looking, and the Distronic system applied the brakes before I could react. I jammed the brakes full on and was able to avoid rear-ending the other car by just a few feet, thanks to the margin provided by the Distronic.

All of the safety nanny systems are like a parachute, you don't need it until it saves your life, and it only has to work once to be worth all the money.

That said, it isn't a substitute for a capable, alert driver.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Really like it. Car almost drives itself.