GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

C300 vs GLC300 reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4, 2014 Nissan Leaf
C300 vs GLC300 reliability

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether we can be more confident in the reliability of the GLC than in the C since they share engine, some parts, etc, - and hopefully MB has had the time to correct known issues. I have to admit, even with full awareness of the sample bias of forums, it's a bit scary when I read about some of the problems that have plagued the C. I've bought many first model year cars and have been pretty lucky, except with the VW Touareg, which 3 months in died electrically at a stop light during rush hour (couldn't even remove the key from the ignition). VW repaired it claiming it was a battery contact but when it happened again a couple of months later, I dumped it and took a substantial hit. I need to know I can go on a long driving vacation without keeping tabs on the location of the nearest dealer. I don't mind bringing a new car in a first model year back to the shop for relatively minor issues as that is sometimes the price we pay for wanting the new new thing - but for powertrain/drive train issues - not what I'm signing up for.