GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Hi from the UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jaguar XFS & wife GLC250 AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi from the UK

Just taken delivery last weekend of a new GLC 250 AMG Line with Premium Plus.
Been looking around for ages to get the right spec for my wife and in the end opted for a Demo (registered end Dec15) with 2500 miles on the clock for a £6000 discount from new.
We are really please with the car having down sized from an ML which we loved but too big now the kids have their own car.
The additional options on the car included Designo Diamond White paintwork, Black Leather, Running Boards, 20" AMG alloys, 360 camera, Intellegent LED lights with High Beam Assist and cornering lights, Panoramic Sunroof, Command Stat Nav, Bermuster Surround, and much more.
Hoping to enjoy many happy miles of good motoring and being a brand new model, minimal mechanical problems.
Be pleased to hear from you all with any tips I should be looking out for in our early ownership.
Started reading the comprehensive manual, however I'm finding that sitting in the car and playing around with the controls is a much easier way of getting to know the vehicle.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Grego
Old 02-25-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Congrats...I tried reading up on the PDF manual while waiting for mine to be delivered and there's just too much info. I'm good at figuring things out on my own so that's what I'll do too. Take a look around this section of the forum...there's lots of goodies already.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by JEVA
Congrats...I tried reading up on the PDF manual while waiting for mine to be delivered and there's just too much info. I'm good at figuring things out on my own so that's what I'll do too. Take a look around this section of the forum...there's lots of goodies already.
Any hidden gems that i need to find that are hard to come by?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 250D
Greg, greetings from the colonies Good you found the vehicle of your choice, remeber the saying'happy wife,happy life . Our 250 D 'jumped ship' on Thursday so expecting a call from the dealer soon. I think it's going to be a huge learning curve getting to know the systems. Decided that when we take delivery we're keeping the HUD off for the first few days
Are you going to post pics?
Old 02-27-2016, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by re_tired
Greg, greetings from the colonies Good you found the vehicle of your choice, remeber the saying'happy wife,happy life . Our 250 D 'jumped ship' on Thursday so expecting a call from the dealer soon. I think it's going to be a huge learning curve getting to know the systems. Decided that when we take delivery we're keeping the HUD off for the first few days
Are you going to post pics?
Good luck mate with the new arrival
You will love the car but after a week of our ownership still learning the ropes.
There is so much to take in especially with the command sat nav.
One of my first trips out in the car was down the local tip and god did I make a mess of the inside - quickly hoover the car before the other half found out
Try to attach some photos tomorrow.
Happy driving.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:42 PM

Here is the wife's new GLC as promised.
As I'm not allowed to drive it much then I have to put up with the Jag
Attached Thumbnails Hi from the UK-dscn1670.jpg   Hi from the UK-dscn1671.jpg   Hi from the UK-dscn1675.jpg   Hi from the UK-dscn1679.jpg  
Old 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLC300
Originally Posted by Greg Meier
Here is the wife's new GLC as promised.
As I'm not allowed to drive it much then I have to put up with the Jag
That's the same color with sport exterior option my husband ordered for me!
Old 02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 151 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Very nice cars!!!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Hi UK cousins !
For all of you with diesel.....
Well, just had my first scare with my GLC, and the new technology ! ????
Happily driving along @ 80, slowed down for roundabout and engine light picture came on, completed left turn and car shuddered to a halt.
Waited 2 min and it eventually restarted, drove it 20m into car park and stopped. Checked oil, water, etc, all fine.
Called MB roadside assist and Alliance man in a van came, very helpful.
Diagnosed computer and said it was low fuel pressure, at the injectors I think. He reset it all and started it. Took several cranks to keep firing.
Filled up, tank 2/3 empty and drove it around for a while, his advice.
So far so good, but it was an OMG moment.
Dealer I purchased from could not see the car for 12 days !!!!!!!
I'll keep driving, but confidence dropped a little bit.

Have you heard any similar issues over there with your diesels ?
Thanks
Old 08-18-2016, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Hi Teckno, not your UK cousin, but have to live next door to them!! (But I've heard they're leaving soon ..not sure where they are going)

Haven't heard of any similar issues here. Did however drive VW touaregs for many years prior to GLC and have always been advised to keep fuel tank topped up as driving with low fuel level was supposed to cause overheating with the high pressure fuel pump(or something like that).
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Lol , Ireland , yes UK life will be interesting.
I've had fuel tank much lower in GLC, this had around 300km range left.
Used to driving Skoda Superb, Dieselgate version since 2011, with 60k on dial, no such issue with that.
Hopefully just another sensor that might have has a " hissy fit"...?
Must visit the 'home land' where you are one day.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To other GLC diesel owners.
Have any of you suffered engine light on dash and car stalling, or shuddering when trying to start ?
Road side Assist diagnosed as code P0087 – fuel rail / pressure system too low ?
2nd time in 10 days. First was reset, now it's on a flat bed back to dealer to undergo diagnostic and hopefully a fix. Just wondered if this might be a one off, or others in the GLC family suffering similar issue.
Thanks
Old 09-01-2016, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 220d Sport Premium Plus/Offroad pkg
Originally Posted by Teckno
To other GLC diesel owners.
Have any of you suffered engine light on dash and car stalling, or shuddering when trying to start ?
Road side Assist diagnosed as code P0087 – fuel rail / pressure system too low ?
2nd time in 10 days. First was reset, now it's on a flat bed back to dealer to undergo diagnostic and hopefully a fix. Just wondered if this might be a one off, or others in the GLC family suffering similar issue.
Thanks
Thankfully not had anything like it (so far) on our 220d (1800 miles). Have had the fuel down to almost nothing on one occasion too. Maybe I need to get used to driving with fingers crossed?