GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Garage door opener - please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford
Garage door opener - please help

So thrilled to finally have my GLC and park it in my garage. All of my previous cars were too large so this is a big deal for me. I've been trying to program the Mercedes buttons to open my Craftsman (brand new) garage door with rolling code and have not had any luck. I'm beyone frustrated at this point. Got my husbands BMW to work but I am stuck. Anyone else have the same trouble or have any tips to get this to work? I would really appreciate any help. I'm either missing something silly or this garage door opener just does not work with the GLC. Thanks!

Katie
Old 05-01-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4Matic
I can only say that when I bought my new GLC the dealership has a technology person that actually comes to your house and will program the garage door opener, the iphones, etc and will go over all the features of the car with you.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
Make sure car is running or accessory mode is on.

1. Press and hold one of the 3 buttons under the mirror until indicator turns yellow. (if turns red then previously programmed)

2. Release the button from step 1

3. Use the hand held remote that came with your garage door opener and press and hold the button on it that would open your door garage door. Keep the remote about 2-3 inches from the buttons on your mirror.

4. When the indicator on your mirror turns green, release the button on the remote.

5. On your garage door opener unit, there should be a programming button. Press it, and immediately get back into your car.

6. Keep pressing the button first used in step 1 until you see the garage door opener light flash or the door moves.

Good luck, it can be a bit tricky.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeyking (05-02-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by MB190
Make sure car is running or accessory mode is on.

1. Press and hold one of the 3 buttons under the mirror until indicator turns yellow. (if turns red then previously programmed)

2. Release the button from step 1

3. Use the hand held remote that came with your garage door opener and press and hold the button on it that would open your door garage door. Keep the remote about 2-3 inches from the buttons on your mirror.

4. When the indicator on your mirror turns green, release the button on the remote.

5. On your garage door opener unit, there should be a programming button. Press it, and immediately get back into your car.

6. Keep pressing the button first used in step 1 until you see the garage door opener light flash or the door moves.

Good luck, it can be a bit tricky.
Great directions! Thank you.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
Originally Posted by 07SGT
I can only say that when I bought my new GLC the dealership has a technology person that actually comes to your house and will program the garage door opener, the iphones, etc and will go over all the features of the car with you.
Ditto - this was the only way we were able to get ours to work. It's a PITA to program (it's not Mercedes's fault) and takes only a phone call to have them come over.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
I have issue before to program my new BMW to our garage opener. Take me 2 days, at the end - changed and install fresh battery make thing happen.