Newbie asks buying advice in LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 02:48 AM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 300
Newbie asks buying advice in LA

Hi folks --

First off, my apologies if I'm breaking some rules here asking buying advice. I've been looking around the GLC forum for 45 minutes or so and have yet to encounter anyone talking about prices for the car overall (as opposed to options etc), which I find odd... Either I missed that thread or there is a rule against discussing specific prices for the car?

Anyway, I'm in Los Angeles, set on getting a GLC, RWD, blue, multimedia + premium + sunroof are the things I really care about. Other stuff doesn't matter much to me. If I could add the upgraded audio (Burmester) to those I would... but it seems the Burmester is usually added to cars with far more option packages, and I'd rather keep the initial price down and upgrade the audio myself later if necessary.

I have a friend who used to work at a dealership... He connected me to someone who currently works at one. We identified the car I want... but with the "illuminated star" which frankly I find really tacky. My attitude is... if Mercedes wants me to advertise their brand that ostentatiously, then they can knock $2k OFF the price as payment for my services, rather than making them pay me $550 for it. :-) The salesman said he's going to try to get it removed (the car will arrive at the dealer in a few days), but he's also made a lot of complicated comments about how maybe it can't be removed but can be disabled, or maybe it will be on the car but they won't charge me for it. It's all sounding very complex and prone to difficulty.

Now the upside of this situation is the salesman says I can get the car for invoice (there must be some incentives) because of the connection to my friend the ex-salesman.

But my instinct is telling me this illuminated star option is just a bunch of complexity I don't want to deal with on my first MB...

Is there discounting on this car going on these days? I'm a little surprised given what a nice car this is, and beautiful too, that I'm not seeing more of them on the street in LA. LA is MB and BMW territory as anyone will tell you... Whenever a new model comes out, you usually see a zillion of them on the road within a few weeks. I was close to buying an Acura RDX last week when I read about the GLC and decided to give it a try... Of course it was no comparison. But I was surprised because I couldn't remember at that point having seen one on the road. Now that I've been looking for them I've seen a few.

Anyway, any advice appreciated, and apologies in advance if this topic is off limits or belongs in another forum.

thanks much

PD
Old 05-08-2016, 03:08 AM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 300
Alright, my apologies... now I see the thread where people are talking prices...

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...tom-order.html

So it seems in So Cal there is discounting as much as 10%! I will give it a try!

Man I am excited to get this car!