GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Question about certain options.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:38 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
Question about certain options.

I had ordered a GLC with a obsidian black exterior, black leather interior, linden wood trim, illuminated star, chrome door handle inserts, lighting package, panoramic sun roof, interior package, premium package, multimedia package, manual rear side window sunshades, burmester audio, locking wheel boats. It came out around $53k. I decided that I wanted it done differently after the build turned red so now my option is to eat the $1k deposit and re-order it. I have these questions:

Does the air balance package make the HVAC system unnecessarily complicated?
If it were to fail, would it render the HVAC system useless until it's fixed?

Do you think the active full led headlamps are a gimmick that'll break easily? I'd rather static full LED headlamps personally.

And for the last one, what do you guys think about the navigation system? I hear alot of criticism regarding it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-08-2016, 05:25 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
The active LED headlights are fantastic, they are even better than xenon's.

MB have had active xenon's for many years which were considerably more mechanically complex combined with the high voltages xenon's required and proved to be a very reliable system, so it hard to imagine that there would be any LED headlight reliability issues.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
I have the Air Balance and it's pretty much set once (Very Simple) and forget about it. It just does it's thing and my wife enjoys the fresh smell of the car. Not a mechanic so no idea of it's impact to the HVAC.

Also have the Active LEDs, had static in last car which were great, but these take the lighting to a whole new level. Would definitely want again.

Have navigation too, while nothing wrong with it, I think some features such as editing contacts could have been implemented better. Still a good system and definitely worth getting.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Originally Posted by MB190
I have the Air Balance and it's pretty much set once (Very Simple) and forget about it. It just does it's thing and my wife enjoys the fresh smell of the car. Not a mechanic so no idea of it's impact to the HVAC.
Curious which scent you like? Mine came with Fireside Mood which is OK but I like Downtown Mood the best...the other two are not good IMHO.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by JEVA
Curious which scent you like? Mine came with Fireside Mood which is OK but I like Downtown Mood the best...the other two are not good IMHO.
What has the world of motoring come to?

Old 05-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
I favor the Budweiser Lite scent.
The following 2 users liked this post by larrypmyers:
jimbobboy (05-08-2016), Lurkerlisa (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
We're still using the Freeside Mood. I don't think she checked out the sample scents yet and hoping this one lasts a while before I need to buy more.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:51 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle

Also have the Active LEDs, had static in last car which were great, but these take the lighting to a whole new level. Would definitely want again.

Have navigation too, while nothing wrong with it, I think some features such as editing contacts could have been implemented better. Still a good system and definitely worth getting.
I'm wondering the same thing. So far I've smelled none of them. I've asked the dealer if they have a car on the lot that has ir so I can see how it works and how it smells or at least sample vials. They either don't have a car on the lot or they completely forget. I think the dealer is a little lazy
Old 05-08-2016, 05:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW 5 Series and BMW X3
I prefer just the smell of a nice clean interior to added fragrances, but may check out this feature just to see how it works.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:14 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by larrypmyers
I favor the Budweiser Lite scent.

The part that concerns me is I think the system is controlled by the infotainment screen. But really, how complicated can it be? It's only a $230 option (I think). If it works well for the long haul then it sounds like an awesome thing. Where I live, ac systems in cars can get kinda funky in the summer. Especially when they're new cars.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
It's controlled in the climate settings screen. It can be off, or on level 1, 2 or 3 (higher number = more perfume).
Old 05-08-2016, 08:32 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
It's controlled in the climate settings screen. It can be off, or on level 1, 2 or 3 (higher number = more perfume).
Oh okay that's what I thought. I'm going to see if I can find any more info on it. The description on the website is very vague. It says it has its own ductwork. Maybe it's there in place of those vents that are sometimes in glove boxes?