GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

squeaking suspension & struts FIX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 cayman s - 2017 Macan S--
squeaking suspension & struts FIX?

Ok so I have 1,200 miles on my glc now and I'm getting the squeaking suspension syndrome sometimes.
When I called my dealer they say bring it in and if we have to we will replace the struts.
I said OK but what is the difference between the struts I have now and the ones that you will replace it with. They had no answer as to what is the difference??
So My question is that after MB changed the struts on your glc did it solve your problem for good or did it returned.

Last edited by RRrocco; 05-12-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by RRrocco
Ok so I have 1,200 miles on my glc now and I'm getting the squeaking suspension syndrome sometimes.
When I called my dealer they say bring it in and if we have to we will replace the struts.
I said OK but what is the difference between the struts I have now and the ones that you will replace it with. They had no answer as to what is the difference??
So My question is that after MB changed the struts on your glc did it solve your problem for good or did it returned.
oh boy another victim! my GLC also has the same problem and i'm taking it in to the dealer on the 19th i couldn't find many people with the issue in this forum as the GLC is still rather new but if you dig a little alot of C class owners have reported the same issue you can read up on it in the C class forum.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Jason Zhang
oh boy another victim! my GLC also has the same problem and i'm taking it in to the dealer on the 19th i couldn't find many people with the issue in this forum as the GLC is still rather new but if you dig a little alot of C class owners have reported the same issue you can read up on it in the C class forum.
What was the solution to the squeaky c-class from your research on the c-class forum?
Old 05-13-2016, 05:19 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jaccub
What was the solution to the squeaky c-class from your research on the c-class forum?
He only possible solution there is, replacing all the struts lol. I heard this is a fairly wide spread problem in recent Mercedes vehicles. As the C class and the glc share alot of components if there's a issue on the glc you can probably find a solution on the C class forum.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 cayman s - 2017 Macan S--
Thats all well and good. But what is the difference between the struts in the truck now and the replacements struts. Are they replacing them with the same??
Or is it a new and improved strut?? Or is it a crap shot that it will happen again.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:36 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by RRrocco
Thats all well and good. But what is the difference between the struts in the truck now and the replacements struts. Are they replacing them with the same??
Or is it a new and improved strut?? Or is it a crap shot that it will happen again.
that we will never know unless we are there watching them replace the struts and monitoring them every step of the way. all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.